Trishierunner, Esq. (officially). (Read 696 times)

Today was my swearing in to become a member of the Maryland Bar. It was at the Court of Appeals in Annapolis, and it was ... amazing -- the culmination of 12 years of primary and secondary education, 4 years of undergrad, 3 years of law school, 2 months of Bar Prep, 2 days of the Bar Exam, and 1/2 day professionalism course. For all the jokes and bad attorneys out there, I truely believe this is a noble profession, and I am honored and thrilled to be a part of it. My future is wide open and I couldn't be more excited ... and I wanted to share it with my RA buddies Smile ____ "Maryland State Law Library Welcomes New Attorneys" James and I on the courthouse steps The proof!
    2009: BQ?
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...where are the sexy shoes? Evil grin That is so awesome...I would have been crying at an occasion like that! I hope your are celebrating tonite, Patricia Lane (heh, that sounds like an address)! Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Congratulations! My wife is halfway through law school; she's home studying for finals right now. I'm looking forward to this stage being over with in another year and a half. Great work. I have no idea how much work it was having not gone through it, but I have a pretty good idea as the cook in the house of somebody going through it herself.

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

but I have a pretty good idea as the cook in the house of somebody going through it herself.
          Family and friends (but mainly family) get a very good idea of work and stress. Quite a few relationships (including marriages) ended during law school. She'll really need you when Bar Review starts Wink I really think James' name should be on my degree and license ... I mean, after testing me for 3 years, he has a pretty good grip on Maryland law! MTA: your wife is ending her second year, then? It gets a lot easier from this point on!
          2009: BQ?
            Congrats Tricia!!! Have fun celebrating! Oh BTW you and James make a very cute couple!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Mishka-old log

Awesome. Congratulations, and may you represent the profession with honor.

Dog-Love

What a long haul it is...and you did it!!!! YEA!
                Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                  That's AWESOME Trishie!!! Congrats on your swearing in!!! Welcome to the legal world!!

Imminent Catastrophe

Congratulations, all that hard work finally paid off. IN NO EVENT WILL PerfesserR BE LIABLE FOR (I) ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR INFORMATION, AND THE LIKE) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO READ THIS MESSAGE, OR ANY INFORMATION, OR TRANSACTIONS PROVIDED IN THIS MESSAGE, OR COPIED FROM THIS MESSAGE, OR ANY DELAY OF SUCH INFORMATION OR SERVICE. EVEN IF PerfesserR OR HIS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR (II) ANY CLAIM ATTRIBUTABLE TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE MESSAGE AND/OR MATERIALS OR INFORMATION IN THIS MESSAGE. BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, PerfesserR LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. PerfesserR makes no representations whatsoever about any other messaage which you may access through this one or which may link to this message. When you access a non-PerfesserR messge, please understand that it is independent from PerfesserR, and that PerfesserR has no control over the content on that message. In addition, a link to a PerfesserR message does not mean that PerfesserR endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use, of such message.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Way to go!! You look wonderful, as always! When you get your own practice you definitely need to take out some really LARGE yellow page ads, you are very photogenic! Big grin
                      ---- Cynthia

MTA: your wife is ending her second year, then? It gets a lot easier from this point on!
                        End of first semester, second year, so about halfway before bar review starts.

Run to Win
                        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Member Since 2008

Congratulations Trishie

madness baby

Oh yeah! You should be honored, girl, that is so great! Glad you had such a great day. Oh, I love the ceremonies. (MTA: and awesome suit, btw!) Wink
                            deb
                            btb1490

Congrats! It's up to you to prove all those bad lawyer jokes to be false, and I have no doubt that you will do just that!

Another Passion

So Tricia... you're legal now! HA! Sorry, couldn't resist that. Big grin Hey... my wife's aunt's name (maiden) is Patricia Lane. In all sincerity, congratulations! Wink

Rick
                                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                                runningforcassy.blogspot.com