Zoomy's 1st "I like to set the bar really low" Marathon Report (Read 1628 times)

pitrunner

Zoomy, you are truly an inspiration. I have been checking in all day to see your report! I'm sorry you had such intense leg cramps, but a valuable lesson, eh?? Most importantly - CONGRATULATIONS!!!
      Way to go Zoomy!! Nice work to gut it out and finish... you did it!! Whewhew! Big grin
      - Tony

Think Whirled Peas

Atta girl!!!!!! Was thinking about you all weekend, sending good thoughts over the lake! Screw the time on your first one, it's all about finishing...that's what "they" say, anyway. Ya done good, kiddo. Real good! Q

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

My dogs are fast, not me

I've been waiting all day for this report! Way to HTFU and finish!! You did great.

Robin

Ojo

Congrats Kirsten! We knew you could do it! So happy that you came out of it loving it and wanting to do another!

Sara

MM #2929

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Atta girl!!!!!! Was thinking about you all weekend, sending good thoughts over the lake! Screw the time on your first one, it's all about finishing...that's what "they" say, anyway. Ya done good, kiddo. Real good! Q
              Hey, man! I can't wait to come cheer you crazy GRM peeps in 2 weeks, either. Especially knowing what you all are going through. I gots cowbells, too! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Great to hear your story. I enjoyed your report. Congratulations on becoming a marathoner. Way to battle!

Dave

I knew this would be a comet thread! I blink and I'm on page 2. Great job girl Big grin

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Congrats on making it to the finish, and on the definite determination to try again. I know there was a point in your training that you began to question your sanity. I am glad to hear that it was worth it in the end. And just an observation...I think it says a lot about you that so many of us were thinking of you yesterday and waiting to hear how it went for you! You rock!
                      I couldn't wait for your report and it was a great one. My husband has come up with a new saying for Marathon runners: Instead of wanting to BQ I want to FF! (F**n Finish!)

Prince of Fatness

Sorry to hear about the cramping, but it sounds like you weren't going to be denied. Congratulations, marathoner.

Not at it at all. 

Imminent Catastrophe

You know, I'll bet bacon would sit well with me, too. I may seriously think about having some bacon in a baggie next time! Big grin
                          Sounds like you need to start running ultras. You would LOVE the food in ultras. Mmmmmmmm...chicken soup...potatoes dipped in salt...PBJ's...grilled cheese sandwiches...now I'm getting hungry.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Congrats! I'm not up to you yet, but hopefully soon! Must be soo cool to have the feeling of finishing your first 26.2! Big grin Sorry about the leg cramps but hopefully next time there wont be any and you'll have an even stronger finish Cool
                              zoomy...Congrats! I thought about you several times on Sunday and prayed for you to cross that line. As a fellow Michigander I may be at the GR with you next year! Just looking at that BIG FAT LOOOOOONG RED LINE on your profile should make you proud. F the time....you just did 26.2 miles! This puts you in a very small percentage of the popultation who can say they have accomplished this goal. Your post is a great read. Awesome Job! babeba67

flatland mountaineer

Congrats Zoomy!!

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III