Zoomy's 1st "I like to set the bar really low" Marathon Report (Read 1628 times)

Queen of 3rd Place

Just adding another congrats! Way to HTFU! I've learned a lot from your posts. My next task is to find some blister guard. Hm, and maybe some bacon! Don't think I'll luck out on the fried cheese curds, maybe I can hit up my brother in Lansing, but I don't think they'd do too well in the mail. Isn't it amazing how GOOD gatorade endurance tastes when you need electrolytes? Otherwise it's kinda Dead Arla

Ex runner

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Isn't it amazing how GOOD gatorade endurance tastes when you need electrolytes? Otherwise it's kinda Dead Arla
      So true. I really thought that it would make me feel Dead, but it tasted fabulous! I'm definitely going to train with that next year. I wouldn't need as many gels with that stuff, either, which would mean less to carry, too. I think next time around I might have a little individual serving pack of Pringles and carry a second one in my hand to eat maybe at the halfway point or so. That would be a good source of carbs and sodium. Don't some runners actually drink pickle juice? I could see that actually being kinda good (of course, I LOVE dill pickles, so that may color my judgement some).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xor

I know pickle juice was all the rage at football camps a few years back. Stick with the gatorade unless you really really like pickle juice. Incidentally, I know how to make pickle bread, but I won't share that punchline (thanks, Gallagher for screwing up my yoot) in mixed company.

Zoomy, just wanted to add my congratulations!! I kept looking for your report! You've made me realize that if you can do it, then maybe I CAN!! Battling a bone contusion right now, forced into 6 weeks of no running Sad! Great race report and look at all your support!!!
          Goals:HM <2:30:00 htfu encourage my dh to get out of his recliner. htfu="" encourage="" my="" dh="" to="" get="" out="" of="" his=""></2:30:00 htfu encourage my dh to get out of his recliner.>
            Your new profile shot looks 'shopped. You sure you didn't just superimpose yourself in there? Clowning around. Congrats! (Damn, you kicked my butt by 10 mins for your first marathon.) Now, it's time to push the distance bar and run a 50K. Big grin

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Your new profile shot looks 'shopped.
              It is...I blurred the people behind me, 'cause they weren't smilin' for the camera:

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

It is...I blurred the people behind me, 'cause they weren't smilin' for the camera:
                If you blurred yourself and left everyone else clear, it would make it look like you were running way faster than everyone else.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

If you blurred yourself and left everyone else clear, it would make it look like you were running way faster than everyone else.
                  Or, how's this...

~ Sarah Kay

xor

Now you look like a trading card. Kind of cool. Please put your stats on the back. And make it smell like Topps gum.

Or, how's this...
                      I like it!!!!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                      Thyroid Support Group

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats! A PR is in your future. Cool

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

I think you're smiling cause you laid a stinker and they smelt it. Big grin

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think you're smiling cause you laid a stinker and they smelt it. Big grin
                            Shhh...you weren't supposed to tell! Angry

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

Only 49 states and DC to go...

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Only 49 states and DC to go...
                                It would probably be cheaper to just go ahead and do Loch Ness... Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay