Nobody told me... (Read 1253 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

...that when you stop running on a dreadmill the world keeps moving. Tongue What a bizarre sensation--kind of like getting off of a boat onto stable ground.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Queen of 3rd Place

Maybe because it doesn't happen to the rest of us Roll eyes Arla

Ex runner

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heather said it happens to her, too, so Tongue Wink I think it's probably an inner ear issue at play. I can't do roller-coasters that go upside-down and have been told to forget ever trying SCUBA diving, as well.

~ Sarah Kay

Jill_B

I fly.

...that when you stop running on a dreadmill the world keeps moving. Tongue What a bizarre sensation--kind of like getting off of a boat onto stable ground.
          That's odd - I've not experienced that when I run on the treadmill. I do sort of feel like that when I get off the elliptical though.

Bring it on.

Heather said she was fine until her roller coaster ride. Maybe tapping is illegal for a reason.
            And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I don't know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves. - Spartacus

Yup, happens to me every time, but I haven't used one in quite a while.

ScriptCal

That's the treadmill returning your soul to your body. I like how you can't feel your legs very well for a while either, and everything gets springy.

If I had a dollar for every time I said that, I'd be making money in a very weird way. - Mitch Hedberg

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's the treadmill returning your soul to your body. I like how you can't feel your legs very well for a while either, and everything gets springy.
                  I didn't feel the springy leg thing, but I DID feel like I was gonna hurl for a minute or two. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Queen of 3rd Place

Heather said she was fine until her roller coaster ride. Maybe tapping is illegal for a reason.
                    Tapping is illegal? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb9cidk0Bfs Arla

Ex runner

xor

I didn't feel the springy leg thing, but I DID feel like I was gonna hurl for a minute or two. Tongue
                      That's just the equal-but-opposite reaction to your soul returning to your body. Even Steven, yo.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I hope this isn't illegal. Cry

~ Sarah Kay

If I had a dollar for every time I said that, I'd be making money in a very weird way. - Mitch Hedberg

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This should be.
                            I'm good enough...I'm smart enough...and, doggonit, people like me! (I like Stuart Smalley's affirmations better)

~ Sarah Kay

Jazz hands!

This only happens to me when I hit the "emergency stop" button by accident or fall off the end. Which was it, zoomy? Tongue PS: Roller coasters are AWESOME.
                              run run run AHHHHHH run run run
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This only happens to me when I hit the "emergency stop" button by accident or fall off the end. Which was it, zoomy? Tongue PS: Roller coasters are AWESOME.
                                Ha...neither....I slowed down, then walked for 3 minutes to bring my HR down (using the little hand-grip thingies) to a more reasonable level. My average pace seemed to be in the 145-150 range, then I picked up the pace for a mile or so and saw 160. I imagine the decongestants I'm on and mild bug I'm still battling skew the #s, though.

~ Sarah Kay