What caliber gun do you carry? (Read 1836 times)

Feeling the growl again

I also had some 155mm pieces at my disposal,  

**sigh**

And to think I would be ecstatic if I built a chicken cannon or trebuche on my property...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

What is a phone booth?

I'm sure my kids will ask me the same question if I said that in a few years.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Guns make it easier.

Esp if the caliber involved is 155mm.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

MrH

Mr Izzard was stealing my thunder.

And not your wardrobe?

(Just wanted to say 'wardrobe' as the Colonials will find it quaint)

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

2 years ago I was attacked while running pre-dawn.  Drugged up guys used their vehicle to chase my running buddy and me into the woods.  They spent 20 minutes looking for us.  Yelling.  Cursing.  It was very dangerous.  I quietly called 911 but it took them too long to respond to catch them.

Now I run with pepper spray in addition to my cell phone.

Would pepper spray have helped?

Purdey

Self anointed title

Esp if the caliber involved is 155mm.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Purdey

Self anointed title

The belt is a pain to change.

Slice

I used to run there as my in-laws lived on the Inner Harbor for a few years.  As nice as that area is, the local paper had an article then that said 8 or the 10 most dangerous corners were within 1 mile of the Inner Harbor.  So I stuck to there and the road out to Fort McHenry where I'd run loops when it was open.

I ran from there to John Hopkins exactly ONCE.  One of the scariest places I ever ran.  Did you know the cops there lock themselves in bulletproof phone booths while on duty?

If you can get past the stadiums and a bit southwest toward the freeway (it's not quite so ghetto if you peel right around Camden Yards and not through the neighborhoods) there is a decent trail that goes for miles out to the west, and has always been safe when I was there.

Other than those few locations, I would never run anywhere in Baltimore.

I chose to run on the hotel treadmill after that one run. I ran from University hospital down to Carrol Park and it wasn't pretty. The treadmill was pretty appealing after that.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

#artbydmcbride

And not your wardrobe?

(Just wanted to say 'wardrobe' as the Colonials will find it quaint)

How quaint!  

Runners run

And I still miss Proposition Joe. 

Feeling the growl again

That's some treadmill.

You don't need to run if you have one of those.  Everybody else does.

Beware, batbear...

This thread makes me extremely happy to run in AVL.  I've run through pretty much the entire town and never felt particularly unsafe.  

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

Guns don't kill people.  People kill people.

I always thought it was the bullets.

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I always thought it was the bullets.

Bullets are hard to kill

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.