What caliber gun do you carry? (Read 1836 times)

xor

I like how you can change the bullets in Word to be arrowheads.

It's kind of like taking a knife to a gunfight!

(eh, too much of a reach.  Plus bows =/= knives. This joke doesn't make the GOOD list; it belongs in the OK corral.)

Would pepper spray have helped?

agree.  I bought pepper spray a few years ago as I was running alone a lot, and I carried it once and have never even test sprayed it.

You can bet that if someone points a gun at me, I'm going to give them the $4000 in loose change all runners carry in their pockets, and not dare them to shoot by trying to disengage the safety mechanism and spray them.  Now a coyote or dog I may spray.

My Glock is too heave to run with, my shorts would be pulled down. Other than that I carry it all the time. In today's world you just have to.. Sad!! But true. And if the courts get the criminal some nutty jury will let them go or some judge will let them out early. Criminals don't fear the justice system so I see to it that they fear me.

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

keeponrunning

My Glock is too heave to run with, my shorts would be pulled down. Other than that I carry it all the time. In today's world you just have to.. Sad!! But true. And if the courts get the criminal some nutty jury will let them go or some judge will let them out early. Criminals don't fear the justice system so I see to it that they fear me.

Knowing people feel they need to carry a gun scares me.  Then again, that may be explained by the fact that there have been no murders in my city in my life.  A few people have been beat up/raped, but not where I run.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Would pepper spray have helped?

Works less than you would think. and pisses a lot of people off

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Works less than you would think. and pisses a lot of people off

your comment makes me wonder if you spray people regularly.

Nah, I just get sprayed a lot, nobody respects a chicken wristed runner even with a Glock with 32 round magazine.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I like how you can change the bullets in Word to be arrowheads.

It's kind of like taking a knife to a gunfight!

(eh, too much of a reach.  Plus bows =/= knives. This joke doesn't make the GOOD list; it belongs in the OK corral.)

ouch.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

xor

ouch.

It was A Joke Too Far.

your comment makes me wonder if you spray people regularly.

Not if I could avoid it. I didn't like carring Mace or pepper spray, but it was part of my issued equipment. I was a Military cop and later as a civilian a DoD Policeman. I have hit drunks with both and the only person chocking and eyes watering was ME and those fellow cops helping me. The drunk just kept coming at me! Trust me that will make you backside pucker BIG TIME!!

Once a Jar head challenged me, saying I thought I was tough because I had  weapon, but "we all know it ain't loaded". I hit the mag. release and showed him it was indeed loaded. "Well gee they don't let me have ammo" I told him I completely understood that. He did decide to cooperate after that though.

A Carry Permit is like fire insurance. You have it and keep it up todate and pray HARD ya NEVER have to use it

Chris UK

What is a phone booth?

A pretty good film.

I never carry a gun as I would be too inclined to use it.

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

Julia1971

Knowing people feel they need to carry a gun scares me.  Then again, that may be explained by the fact that there have been no murders in my city in my life.  A few people have been beat up/raped, but not where I run.

I don't live in the best part of town, and I don't even carry pepper spray. Most of the crime in my neighborhood are property crimes and I operate on the hope most of my criminals realize I'm only carrying about 5 dollars on me and not worth their time. I"m more vigilant when I travel, though. Pepper spray, phone, tell people when/where I'm running, etc.

Other than that I carry it all the time. In today's world you just have to.. Sad!! But true.

However have I and every single person I know gotten this far in life without carrying a gun? 

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

However have I and every single person I know gotten this far in life without carrying a gun? 

And other than as military cop I have never had to draw mine either. And I have never had to use my fire insurance either, but  I still buy it each year.

How is it you haven't known ANYONE who was robbed, broken into raped or car jacked?

keeponrunning

There has got to be a reason that per 100,000 population, Canada has 2.44 deaths by gun, and 10.92 in the USA.  I'm not saying that the gun registry is the full reason, but it can't hurt at all.  I have never seen any reason to carry a gun.  I live in a pretty safe area of a decent city, but even in the rougher parts of my city, I just avoid them after dusk.  

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022