Garmin 310 vs.305 (Read 610 times)

JimBrowne

Is the Garmin 310 worth it for the $300 I can it for? I can get the 305 for less than $150. My ancient Timex Ironman has finally gone to the great GPS beyond and needs a replacement.

Depends.  310 is water resistant.  Some people kill their 305s with sweat.  I never had that problem with my 305, but if you sweat a lot, I can see it being a problem.  Also, 310 has a longer battery life.  If you are running really long distances, you probably need the extra battery life.  Also 310 can sync with your computer without a cable.

If none of those things concern you specifically, I'd probably get the 305.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I don't do tris and have had mostly very good luck with my 305 for 3 years.  When it dies I will probably get another one.  I can't justify the extra expense for the 310, really.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I love my 305. It's  been in pouring rain... snow and tons of sweat - never skipped a beat. For what I paid for it, never had any problems or regrets.

janmacg

You can compare the two with the very in-depth reviews here - http://www.dcrainmaker.com/

Great way to decide which is best for you.