How often to replace Superfeet? (Read 3242 times)

Double IPA Please!

My current pair have well over 500 miles on them and because this is the first time I have ever used inserts (which have been a lifesaver btw) Im not sure what the rule of thumb is. My current shoes have 413 miles on them and I have started to have some hip and knee aches after my runs and/or towards the end of them. I told the Mr. that Its time to replace my shoes again and he mentioned- that perhaps its time to replace my inserts as well. Opinions?

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

JakeKnight

I was just in my shoe store a couple days ago and asked this very question. The vague answer was: one year or after 2-3 pairs of shoes. The original answer when I bought them was: 3-4 pairs of shoes. None of which is very helpful since people get different mileage on shoes, and people can run a lot of different mileage in a year. My Superfeet have over 1000 miles on them at this point and I plan to get at least 500 more. They feel fine. Since all my shoes are approaching 600 miles (or 700), I need new shoes ... and it'll be interesting to see how the inserts feel in a new pair at this point.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

Double IPA Please!

Okay, good! Thanks Magilla Gorilla.. Wink

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

JakeKnight

Don't take my word for it. Your mileage may definitely vary. This is my first pair, so I'm as interested in the answers as you are.

Double IPA Please!

Okay, shall we wait together to see what the others say? Wink Tongue

Don't take my word for it. Your mileage may definitely vary. This is my first pair, so I'm as interested in the answers as you are.
              Jake, did you break yours in? I know they say you have to, but did you? and if so by how many runs? my NB shoes are pure heaven on my feet, but I have sore arches after some of my longer runs... I have some greens, but have not used them.

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Double IPA Please!

I did not need to break mine in really, I had to get used to having them in my shoes, but it was not so much as needing to break them in but because they felt a little different (not in terms of pain or anything)- does that make sense? Clowning around

JakeKnight

Okay, shall we wait together to see what the others say? Wink Tongue
                  Sounds like a plan. Smile
                  Jake, did you break yours in? I know they say you have to, but did you? and if so by how many runs?
                  Nope. Just went running. I think I kept it short for the first week. But I got used to them pretty quick. The girl who sold them to me made the breaking in process sound a lot more painful than it was. For me.

Nope. Just went running. I think I kept it short for the first week. But I got used to them pretty quick. The girl who sold them to me made the breaking in process sound a lot more painful than it was. For me.
                    Exactly what I was thinking.... I thought good Lord, if it takes that much work to get the damned things broken in, how can they possibly work? This is the reason they are still in my closet... I will try them on a 3 miler tomorrow to round out my weekly mileage and see how they go. I have 10 planned for Sunday but don't think I will risk them for that.... Thanks! Wink

Denise, What was your issue that you got them? Just Curious....

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

The guy who sold me mine told me to replace them when they get worn through, and I'll have to wait to see how long that takes, because it depends on how I strike them. I've been trying to stop using running shoes after 500mi, and now I've got three pairs I'm rotating through, plus two older ones that I will still use a little bit (so many b/c I twice bought two on two-for-one deals).

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Double IPA Please!

Denise, What was your issue that you got them? Just Curious....
                          Where to begin with issues..I have many.. Oh, you meant for the SF? Big grinlol http://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/8ee107d1bf7548118b53515d64f5144d#focus It took me awhile and much frustration to work all this crap out, but, I'm for the better of it now!

xor

I replace mine every 1000-1200 miles, which is about 3 pairs of Brooks (Adrenaline or Trance) or 4 pairs of Mizunos (Alchemy). Every time I toss a pair of shoes and put the inserts into the next pair, I mark the back of the heel cup with a sharpie. I will also toss inserts if they wear out faster. The ones in my trail shoes tend to get gnarled up because of rocks and sand that get into the shoes.

Jazz hands!

I have a question--does anyone use their inserts in everyday shoes? I have a lovely pair of Doc Marten boots (that need to get resoled right now), but after walking in them a bunch my arches start to ache. Would superfeet work for such a thing?
                              run run run AHHHHHH run run run
                              JakeKnight

I have a question--does anyone use their inserts in everyday shoes? I have a lovely pair of Doc Marten boots (that need to get resoled right now), but after walking in them a bunch my arches start to ache. Would superfeet work for such a thing?
                                As I understand it, they have other inserts made specifically for non-running everyday type shoes. They might work better. That said, when I first got the Superfeet I did wear them constantly to try to get rid of the PF, including when I was wearing non-running shoes. Seemed to work for my feet.