No GPS Devices Connected? (Read 903 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

This evening, RA is not detecting the plugin.

Garmin is:

Garmin Communicator Plugin Test Page

Communicator Plugin is properly installed.

Older plugin version detected. Download the latest version.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Wait.  Now it did on the 6th try.
      RunsForCake

What happens when you go to Garmin's test page?

http://www8.garmin.com/products/communicator/test/

You need to wait a little for the results to come up.

That page does not detect my garmin either.  I tried...three times.  LOL!

Which seals the deal that there is something up with my laptop.  That and the fact that at the office I can upload my workouts with no issues.

My husband will take a look at it over the weekend. 

Thanks again for your help.

Lazy idiot

I reinstalled the Garmin Communicator, and all is well.

It was good for one day, and now my computer does not recognize the USB device again.  Crud.

Tick tock

I was able to download a run.

Last night I got to the screen that states something like, "the run has been downloaded. A message will appear when it is ready." However, when I clicked the Community tab, an error appeared. I wasn't able to get that run from the GPS. This happened once before, a few months ago. It works today for me though.

FYI - the error message described above I think was in a javascript alert with the following text: "The server method 'UploadGPSWorkOutData' failed."

I just got it a few minutes ago. I get the message quite a bit. If I try again though, it goes away except for a couple of times, where I may jut not have waited long enough.

My Garmin 305 will not download to RA.
              RunsForCake

I reinstalled the Garmin Communicator, and all is well.

It was good for one day, and now my computer does not recognize the USB device again.  Crud.

Bummer.  I had hopes that your solution would be mine too.

If my husband figures out how to fix mine I'll let you know.

I am so not the tech person in my house. 

eric :)

My Garmin 305 will not download to RA.

Why not?

FYI - the error message described above I think was in a javascript alert with the following text: "The server method 'UploadGPSWorkOutData' failed."

I just got it a few minutes ago. I get the message quite a bit. If I try again though, it goes away except for a couple of times, where I may jut not have waited long enough.

I'm not sure what causes the above error.  It is not something the server returns.  It's possible that the server did not respond fast enough and the javascript timed out, thus producing the error.  What browser are you using?  Also, when do you usually upload your data?

That page does not detect my garmin either.  I tried...three times.  LOL!

Which seals the deal that there is something up with my laptop.  That and the fact that at the office I can upload my workouts with no issues.

My husband will take a look at it over the weekend. 

Thanks again for your help.

On Windows, you need to install two pieces of software in order for it to work.  You've installed the Garmin Communicator plugin.  Did you install the driver?

I had been uploading my 301 to RA successfully up until a few days ago. I have the "impost new workouts only" option toggled and it would read my forerunner, then say that there were no new events to upload. I decided to try and upload everything and that was successful, I only saved my newest events to RA. That was my work around.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Hrm.  This is very strange indeed.  I don't suppose you updated your plugin or driver recently?  Something must have changed.
                            I don't recall changing anything recently.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

You're not making this easy
                              RunsForCake

My husband uninstalled and reinstalled Garmin to the laptop and everything seems to be working fine.

Why that did not work when *I* uninstalled and reinstalled is a mystery to me.