RunForth App won't log total distance or map anymore (Read 93 times)

BJS-MT

Using an IPhone 5s and RunForth app to log my trail runs.  Until about 3 weeks ago the app would log all of my time, distance and map data just fine.  Now the app will log accurate time but seems to stop logging distance once the phone goes to sleep (never did that previously, worked even when phone went to sleep).

Now at the end of my runs I have accurate time data but my map will show a straight line from my starting point to a random point, ussually  a couple of tenths, and calculates that as the distance run.

Tried logging out and in, tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, didn't change the problem.

I like to "pioneer" when I run so I really have become dependent upon the RunForth app to show distance/map data so I know where and how far I ran.

Any ideas?

thanks

BJS

AnneCA

Happened to me this morning too. I don't usually use the app, but I found my Garmin uncharged this morning, so fell back to the app. Got time, but no distance after .15.

Apologies for the issues, for more details see please see:

https://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/104ca7a68f304b8ca5bca1b6ee2af37c

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com

BJS-MT

Sorry, I get a 404-File not found, error when I click on your link.  Could you provide a date and author to the post and I will look it up.  I appreciate your assistance.

Brad 

BJS-MT

Figured it out.  Found the link.  Will follow your instructions.

Thanks

BJS

Version 2.2.0 was approved Monday, May 16th. Please upgrade to this version and report any issues to https://runforth.uservoice.com/

I do not check these forums regularly for RunForth related questions or issues.

These issues were addressed:

1. Authorization/login reports multiple error logins, however login is still successful.
              2. GPS stops tracking when lock screen comes on.
              3. App crashes when attempting to manually enter or edit a workout, specifically changing equipment or courses.

If you're experiencing anything which is not on this list, please file a support ticket and I'll work on continued clean up.

This is nice to see! I haven't used it in awhile. I had troubles with it longing time, but not distance. Looking forward to using it again Smile Thank you!

lagwagon

Version 2.2.0 was approved Monday, May 16th. Please upgrade to this version and report any issues to https://runforth.uservoice.com/

I do not check these forums regularly for RunForth related questions or issues.

These issues were addressed:

1. Authorization/login reports multiple error logins, however login is still successful.
                  2. GPS stops tracking when lock screen comes on.
                  3. App crashes when attempting to manually enter or edit a workout, specifically changing equipment or courses.

If you're experiencing anything which is not on this list, please file a support ticket and I'll work on continued clean up.

excellent!

just thought I'd share that version 2.2 fixed the problems i was having (related to issue #3).

thanks for the app and the update!

ooligan

Just want to add how impressed I was to get a quick response when I sent an email through the app store.

My app has updated and is working great again.

Thank you!

I'm glad to hear that things are functioning as expected for you guys! Happy trails!

Yes app is working great once again. Thanks!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

BJS-MT

Things are working well again.  Nice to have the app back.  Thanks for your help.