Boston Marathon Help Needed (Read 583 times)

I'm running Boston April 09 and I was hoping someone might have some advice about places to stay. I will have around 6 to 8 people in my party and I was hoping to rent a house for about four days around the Marathon date. Any other advice such as must see or things to avoid would be great too. Hope someone can help run on.

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Ed4

Barefoot and happy

Assuming you're not used to driving in Boston, I recommend you stay within walking distance of the finish. This also puts you within walking distance of lots of things to see/do/buy/eat, and gives you direct access to the T (subway). Otherwise you'll spend much of your four days just driving in and out and finding parking. I don't know how you'd find a house for rent for such a short period. Short-term rentals around here seem to be measured in weeks, not days.
        Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.
          Good advice by Ed....i live outside of Boston and work in Boston two or three days per week and of course the family comes in for the occassional weekend....and I wont even consider driving in Boston.....its too hard and what Ed said is correct...you'll spend all your time trying to find a place to park and then you will have to figure out how to pay for parking (unless your rich - that can be a special treat too)..... Find one of the motels around the end of the course....will be costly...but fun..... And good luck with the Boston Marathon........I ran it once an it's the very best....

Champions are made when no one is watching

Marathon Tours lists places and distances from start. Prices are through MT, but you get the idea. Here's the link: http://www.marathontours.com/boston/bostonform.pdf I stayed in Revere, about a 20 min T ride from where the busses left. Rodeway Inn, maybe? Basic accomodations. About $130 a night. Shuttle to/from the T or about about a mile walk if you're up for it. Next year, I wanna stay in town, but finances may dictate a repeat.