2013 Holiday Running Streak (Read 698 times)

We've now got 60 runners (& I have Oldman twice).

Lots of miles will be run.

No way I'm doubling. That's only happened  3 maybe 4 times. BUT, if I were to double maybe I could slay that sub 3:00 unicorn.

Get off my porch

Hoban-Jay

On day 11 of streak...  Today is the first day that I MIGHT have CONSIDERRED noty running if not for the streak commitment.  It is still just 1 degree F with a slight wind and snow out there.

Normally (non-streak running) I run 5-6 days a week.  I've noticed that I've been running fewer miles per day, and fewer runs longer than 4 miles...

Runner100

-

Evolving body parts

10.5 km on day 12.

jpdeaux

Reasons I love this, #1:

Streaking "locks in" the previous day's workout for me, and also gives me an "All Systems Go" status report, particularly the day after stressful runs. This is extremely beneficial to keep track of waning injuries, new pains, or general progress.

jmctav23

2/3rds training

ten days and ~60 miles in.  Now firmly in longest streak ever territory and starting to enjoy it.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

ten days and ~60 miles in.  Now firmly in longest streak ever territory and starting to enjoy it.

<like>

X, since my November miles were 236, I guess my goal has been bumped up from 234 to 237.

xhristopher

<like>

X, since my November miles were 236, I guess my goal has been bumped up from 234 to 237.

Gotcha.

FYI, folks. This is all fun and games on December 4th. Lots of you are really going to hate me as the weeks grind on. Not Led though, he's already certified.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Gotcha.

FYI, folks. This is all fun and games on December 4th. Lots of you are really going to hate me as the weeks grind on. Not Led though, he's already certified.

Ya got that right!

Ojo

Haha!  I won't hate you either -- I joined the crazy streak train years ago.  I am just excited because I am getting closer to passing my old streak.  Smile

Sara

MM #2929

Carbs and Cabernet

I might as well stop lurking in the shadows and commit (cautiously)  in the modest 80 miles category. So far seven days done.   

TJoseph

8 miles this evening

Joann Y

2.5 miles recovery. Freakishly warm at 56F, lovely mist.

4 miles on day 9.

xhristopher

Thanks to the streak and plans to run a workout on the track tomorrow I gladly jogged more than 3 minutes slower than my 5K pace tonight. That's way better than not running.