2013 Holiday Running Streak (Read 698 times)

mikeymike

Rat Dome?

Runners run

xhristopher

I might as well stop lurking in the shadows and commit (cautiously)  in the modest 80 miles category. So far seven days done.   

Welcome! You are our 60th runner.

(Unless I have someone else down twice!)

xhristopher

Rat Dome?

That's the plan. 6 X 800 is on the menu.

No run for me today.  Hip, hamstring, glute, and quad all jacked up since last Saturday so my right leg is pretty much a piece of crap.  When you dread going out for a run because it is going to hurt the entire time and not in a good way, it is time to rethink things.

xhristopher

No run for me today.  Hip, hamstring, glute, and quad all jacked up since last Saturday so my right leg is pretty much a piece of crap.  When you dread going out for a run because it is going to hurt the entire time and not in a good way, it is time to rethink things.

Sorry to hear. Hurt is different than tired. Heal quickly. I need someone to chase at next month's marathon.

sugnim

5k in 7 degrees for me tonight.  I wore my merino long johns under my running clothes and actually stayed pretty warm.  Thanks for doing this running streak post--I never would have gone out in weather like this after work, but I'm glad that I did!

Intentionally Blank

Gosh, I can't believe it's been that long since you had to end your previous streak.  And you run way more mileage than I do.  Awesome!

Haha!  I won't hate you either -- I joined the crazy streak train years ago.  I am just excited because I am getting closer to passing my old streak.  Smile

Sorry to hear. Hurt is different than tired. Heal quickly. I need someone to chase at next month's marathon.

Thanks.  Given your workout last Sunday it will be me chasing you not the other way around.  Keep up the good work!

CT JEFF

Wasnt sure when I could fit a run in today. BOOM. 12:30am ! 6.15 miles

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

xhristopher

Wasnt sure when I could fit a run in today. BOOM. 12:30am ! 6.15 miles

Barefoot?

4 miles Day 10. Observation about 5AM vs 5PM runs. Less traffic & sadly less Christmas lights.

Got a late 4 in last night on tm to get to Day 9. Should have gone out this morning since we'll be looking at single digit temps by the time I head home tonight and for the next few days, but life kind of got in the way.

joescott

18 degrees, 14mph N wind with gusts up to 22, patchy dry snow on the ground.  9.5 miles.  Feel like I earned it today, especially northbound into the teeth of that wind.  Cut off original plan for 10 because I just couldn't bring myself to run that extra distance which would bring me back 'round into the wind for the homestretch.

I'll be curious how well you boys are running your 800s.  Have to stalk your logs later.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

xhristopher

It was a balmy and very pleasant 38 this morning for a short and easy run.

Don't look for a hero workout from me tonight on those 800s. I'll probably put myself in the 'c' group. GLRR is so strong these days that even after posting some decent recent times I'm chasing a lot of people.

Joann Y

Looking for some motivation to get out there today? Sheehan has got it right here....

http://www.runnersworld.com/sports-psychology/words-to-run-live-by

Fantastic essay (longish but worth reading to the end).