2013 Holiday Running Streak (Read 698 times)

xhristopher

Still in od day 22, although I only did 2 km today. Looks like I have a mild stomach bug or something. Ain't I lucky - just as my sinuses were starting to really clear up. Nausea and cramping, but not real bad. Hope I'm back to normal tomorrow. I really enjoy this streak and would hate to end it because of some stupid bug.

Xhristopher, looks like I'm not on the "official" list. Could you please put me on it, assigned mileage 202 km. Thanks!

Don't get sick!

I've added you. Don't know how I missed you but it shouldn't be a surprise considering I've added some people multiple times.

Have I missed anyone else?

jpdeaux

Still in with 8 today.

Now aiming to hit 2000 hours running ahead by year's end. One hour a day to do it.

5.8 on day 25. Temps in the high 30's. Roads that were hardpacked with snow on Tuesday were for the most part clear. Nice.

npaden

This was probably my hardest day to get out there so far and the first of a 6 day stretch that is going to test me and my wife.

I zipped down to my hunting land after work today and sat in a chilly blind for a few hours then changed into shorts and 2 long sleeve shirts, a stocking cap and some real gloves and planned to just go get a mile in on a VERY DARK county road.  After I got out there and started running it wasn't as bad as I was expecting and the light rain turned to light snow and my headlamp wasn't bouncing around and causing tunnel vision like the last time I ran in the dark.  Ended up going ahead and getting a little over 3 miles in when it was all said and done.  Had to take the gloves off with about a mile to go because I was feeling so toasty.  33 degrees and 13 mph wind per the weather, but last time I checked it wasn't supposed to snow when it was above 32 out.

No way I would have gone out there and run tonight if it weren't for this silly running streak.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

CT JEFF

I'm feeling very good 22 days in. I've never gone this long without a rest day. I was a bit worried when I started because I had a couple of longstanding niggles from a lot of racing and (relatively) high mileage this year. I realized on my run last night that these have totally disappeared! It's like my body finally accepted it's not getting a day off and decided to man up.  Still hoping to meet my mileage goal with a few doubles in next two weeks.

I started my streak a couple days before Thanksgiving. Im on day 29. @ 136 miles. Goal was 126, so Im done, right? Just kidding. I love reading the posts of the 100+ and 400+ day streakers. Not sure when I'll end. I made it through some stomach bug days. Some normal "rest" days with higher milage than expected. Some normal "easy" days with lower than normal milage. I normally TM in the winter, but been doing more miles outdoors with the streak. Just wish I had a maid to do all the running laundry!

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

TJoseph

I stopped and ran a mile in a parking lot on the way home from the airport.  It has been a long day, but the streak is still going.

I stopped and ran a mile in a parking lot on the way home from the airport.  It has been a long day, but the streak is still going.

Way to squeeze a run in to keep it going!

PRs: 5K: 21:25, 10K: 44:05, HM: 1:38:23* (downhill), M: 3:32:09

9 for me today on day 25 to bring my streak mileage total to 200 so far.

PRs: 5K: 21:25, 10K: 44:05, HM: 1:38:23* (downhill), M: 3:32:09

Evolving body parts

11 miles on day 29. Really beautiful winter day, around 42F and sunny. I enjoyed (almost) every minute of my run.

And I realized I've exceeded my mileage quota for the streak, I'm almost at 200 miles now.

I also put on ice skates for the first time in my life (I'm 43) - my son was teasing me real bad about never trying it out. Well, the few that me had a great time. I was pretty much  just holding onto the rails and took a few baby steps, but didn't have to call the EMS nor the TV crews.

Here's proof - me skating at a great speed far away from the railing (yeah, right):

This is a good day 

On day 25 with 5 miles today, I passed the 180 goal I had!!

Nice job Kathleen! How many days will that be when you reach your birthday? Was just thinking a 54 day streak to celebrate 54 years would be pretty cool

Oh! So close! that will be day 51. That would be pretty cool. Might just have to stretch it to hit that nice round number. I can see how folks keep going until the next target, and the next, and the next...

Today was my longest run EVER - a nice tidy 7 miles in a perfectly crisp 22 degrees. It had been a while since I ran this one loop and was shooting for 5 miles, but came up short at 4. I was feeling so good and enjoying the beautiful Christmas morning that I added on a a regular route that took me to over 6 miles. Nothing was hurting, and the incoming storm will make tomorrow's run short, so I kept going. Granted, it was at a penguin pace, but 7 miles in 1:27. Small victories - love 'em!

Now onto the rest of the day. Staying home and quilting the day away. Ah - Heaven!

Enjoy your day folks!

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

Intentionally Blank

Love the photo, Limping Monkey!

8 miles this morning before meeting friends for another relaxed 5.  Weather was unseasonably warm. A nice change.

fimmx

Well, that sounds crappy.

LMAO! The streak is still going strong. I'm off for the next two weeks so lots of running to look forward to. 9.x this morning in what my garmin tells me feels like 38 degrees.

elodie.kaye

This was the first day the streak really tested me. We've had ice pellets and freezing rain for the second day. Yesterday it wasn't too thick yet, but today was nasty. 3 miles done windmilling on the quietest residential roads I could find, but even cars travelling 25mph trying to give me a wide berth had trouble negotiating curves. We're supposed to get an inch or more tonight on top of the half-inch down there already. No treadmill, so that might kill my streak tomorrow. We'll see, but if we have power outages I'm out.

joescott

Here's proof - me skating at a great speed far away from the railing (yeah, right):

This is a good day 

Nice!

I had to resort to the dreadmill today.  It's been raining and freezing all over everything almost all day.  :-(

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.