2013 Holiday Running Streak (Read 698 times)

8 miles on Day 26. Overcast & warm (48) with a little rain towards the end. The only notable event, I wore a tech shirt I haven't worn in a few years. Now I remember why I don't use it much. It has the effect of 60 grit sandpaper on the nippulary areas. Ouchies in the shower.

Run Long, and Prosper!

First day of winter and the temp was 72* during my run. 11 miles today brings my December total to 194.

"Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning."

- Thomas Jefferson

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I stopped and ran a mile in a parking lot on the way home from the airport.  It has been a long day, but the streak is still going.

Reading this, it occurs to me that you may not even have to change when you're traveling in chilly weather - an easy mile shouldn't make a person too sweaty

TJoseph

Reading this, it occurs to me that you may not even have to change when you're traveling in chilly weather - an easy mile shouldn't make a person too sweaty

I didn't change.  I ran in jeans and a flannel shirt and probably looked like a complete idiot.  I did sweat a little, but I was alone in the car on the way home and no one else had to smell me.  I just ran indoors on the treadmill today.

mikeymike

Rolled my ankle pretty badly about 4.5 miles into a 20-miler with the x man himself this morning. When I got home and looked at the dark bruise at the top of my 5th metatarsal, the google taught me a new word ... it's called avulsion fracture. I really hope its not that. But whatever it is it can't be that bad if I ran 15.5 miles on it, at sub-7-minute pace, right? Right?

Anway ... streak is intact.

Runners run

jamlevasseur29

8 miles in 60 degree weather!  Tuesday it was 7.  New England running.

mikeymike

8 miles in 60 degree weather! 

You must live south of the mass pike. 39 and drizzle here but I was dressed for 50 degrees since that was the forecast.

Runners run

xhristopher

Yep, another day of the streak with my third 20 miler in the last three weeks. The further I've gotten into the streak the easier the work load has become. I'm actually less tired than when I started. So far I'm 34 days in and averaging 8.2 miles per day. I'm almost disappointed I'll need to start dialing it back in another week to taper for for a Jan 12th marathon.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Wind chill 3F and running on 1/2 inch of new fallen snow.  Day 410 of my streak.  Keep going, everyone!

xhristopher

I stopped and ran a mile in a parking lot on the way home from the airport.  It has been a long day, but the streak is still going.

Reading reports like this and knowing I've contributed to this kind of madness makes posting the running streak completely worthwhile. I don't feel bad about it at all because I'm in it with everyone else.

But most of all, knowing that so many of you are running on days that you might have taken off and then having great experiences is what it's all about.

Ten days to go after today. No stopping now.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Ten miles on a warm, overcast 75f day.  I feel guilty.

steph  

Ojo

Oh boy -- 101 miles and 9 days to go.  I am going to come close!

10 miles today in 55 degree temps!

Sara

MM #2929

Christirei

I hit 2000 miles for the year this weekend! So glad that I am doing this, I never thought it would feel so good, but I agree, the longer the streak has lasted the better I have felt

I hit 2000 miles for the year this weekend! So glad that I am doing this, I never thought it would feel so good, but I agree, the longer the streak has lasted the better I have felt

That is great, congrats!

Today was my first so-so run in this streak. I was really really tired, came home late from a shooting (it's 10:30 pm here right now),  I managed 5 km and that's it for today. Had some calf cramping during the day, I've forgotten to take Mg lately.

CT JEFF

You must live south of the mass pike. 39 and drizzle here but I was dressed for 50 degrees since that was the forecast.

60 Degrees west of Hartford. 6.6 miles. Fog, no drizzle. Too much slush and water on bike path, so I ran along the road. Bright orange Brooks cap helped keep me safe.

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!