2013 Holiday Running Streak (Read 698 times)

TJoseph

8 miles today.  43 and sunny.

6 on day 27. 35 degrees, rainy & foggy. Made for a dark run. Not sure how well cars could see me. May need to upgrade reflective gear.

Run Long, and Prosper!

11 miles along the Neuse river today. Record temps today and 77* during my run. Also topped 200 miles for the month.

"Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning."

- Thomas Jefferson

joescott

12 mi on the dreadmill again today.  Though, might have to try to get outside for a few on Tuesday morning to get MMTD.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

joescott

it is it can't be that bad if I ran 15.5 miles on it, at sub-7-minute pace, right? Right?

Indeed.  And nice LR.

- Joe

joescott

8 miles on Day 26. Overcast & warm (48) with a little rain towards the end. The only notable event, I wore a tech shirt I haven't worn in a few years. Now I remember why I don't use it much. It has the effect of 60 grit sandpaper on the nippulary areas. Ouchies in the shower.

Literally LOL (as opposed to figuratively for literary effect)...  Anyway, been there, done that, including the ouchies in the shower!!  Bummer, dude!

- Joe

npaden

A little over 600 miles in the car today and then a whopping 1.4 miles around the hotel in light snow and 16 degrees in the dark once I got here.

Looks like if I want to try to join the more miles than degrees club I will have the opportunity if I get up early one morning while I'm here.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

xhristopher

It has been revealed on another thread that "treadmill running" may only be "cross training" and not actual running. Due to this we may have to invalidate a significant amount of activities that have been inappropriately labeled as "runs" in this holiday streak thread. We are currently gathering an independent panel of experts to determine the appropriate classification of this activity. We appreciate your continued understanding and support during this time of uncertainty.

mikeymike

It has been revealed on another thread that "treadmill running" may only be "cross training" and not actual running. Due to this we may have to invalidate a significant amount of activities that have been inappropriately labeled as "runs" in this holiday streak thread. We are currently gathering an independent panel of experts to determine the appropriate classification of this activity. We appreciate your continued understanding and support during this time of uncertainty.

Does this involve physics or "physics"?

Runners run

Joann Y

crap. i'm screwed

joescott

Doh!

- Joe

Ojo

7 peaceful, rainy miles!  Today will be the last of the warm days.

Sara

MM #2929

xhristopher

IMPORTANT STREAK UPDATE

As many noticed, the "Going very fast on the treadmill--safe?" thread listed essentially two viewpoints with slight variations on methods of "running." Road running and treadmill running reflected the most popular methods of running according to the earlier discussion between Fuzzy and NHLA and featured their opposing opinions. To avoid a situation where only one viewpoint could invalidate miles and years of logged "running" on RA, the Committee discussed the viewpoints and declaring the majority of discussants upon the viewpoint that treadmill running is in fact running prior and henceforth after today's date to in fact remain valid. When looking at the total discussants of the vote for the viewpoint pairs, the minority opinion represented less than 5% of gathered opinion. Additionally, the two top viewpoints were not 5% apart. Because the most popular viewpoint was not in doubt, the Committee hereby declares treadmill running as running. This results in a vote between the viewpoints based on survey results and the top opinions are hereby binding without prejudice and may no longer be challenged.

Carry on with your running, upon whatever surface you deem appropriate.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Thanks for the morning smile.

Now off to run in the rain...sadly I don't own a treadmill.

steph  

Joann Y

Oh my gosh, thank you.