The Walking Dead on AMC (Read 3197 times)

I'm just not a huge fan of Rick going to crazy town again. 

gotta agree with this

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

Loves the outdoors

gotta agree with this

Me too. I like sane Rick and I miss Daryl already.

Looks like I'm living in an alternate reality though as we're only 2 days behind the US in seeing the Walking Dead episodes. Normally it's 6 months or something equally ridiculous.

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.

yeoldefatguy

So, who else thinks that the zombie bomb truck driver was Andrea? Thought the pony tail was telling.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

So, who else thinks that the zombie bomb truck driver was Andrea? Thought the pony tail was telling.

I thought that at first, too.  But it would make zero sense in the context of the story.  More likely it was Karen, the woman on the barricade that blew Andrea off.

Feel much better after this episode, as compared to last.  Don't mess with Daryl Motherf*****g Dixon and a hatchback.  And I was stoked to see Michonne go Jedi again after way too long.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Nah...I think when she was asking about the Gov's whereabouts we are to understand that he was off on his mission to attack the prison.  Probably some other skanky broad who wants to get into that asshole's pants.

I predict that Andrea will end up very valuable to the prison group.  It seems like she's definitely becoming less enamored of Woodbury and its politics.

I wonder if the prison attack was a smack of reality that Crazy-Cakes Rick (Chris Hardwick's "Crazy Staycation" comment on The Talking Dead cracked us up) so sorely needs.  Thankfully Daryl's back to return some strong leadership.  I think Merle could be really useful to have around, too, assuming the prison folks can get past their history with him.  I'm interested to find out what happened with Tyrese, et al, too.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Did they make it back? I must have missed that. (I didn't catch the ponytail either)

Seems like the driver would have been expendable. Andrea is to important at the moment.

Crazy Rick is a huge liability.

Anyone who shows interest in Carol get wasted, ouch.

Get off my porch

I'm beginning to lose interest. My biggest gripe is with the shows sacred cow - Daryl. The writers have made him agonizingly likable. And as if his defender-of-the-defenseless scruples and McGyver-like resourcefulness weren't enough to endear us viewers to him, they felt compelled to add the "wounded bird" love interest sub-plot, and then, hint at the fact that he was abused as a child. Ugh. Enough with the character development on Daryl. We get it, he's a good guy. I think it's time to have Daryl do something that surprises us, or spend some time on somebody else.

If they would have given T-dog a modicum of the development they've given Daryl, it would have made keeping his character around as long as they did more reasonable. Instead, they drag his underdeveloped story into the third season, kill him off and then expect the viewer to react as if we cared. The only reason I didn't want his character written out, was because we didn't know anything about him.

Also, I agree that the Crazy Rick thing is played out.

I nearly gave up during the middle part of season 2. I'm not quite there yet, we'll see if the writer's toss some surprises in with regards to those two gripes. Regardless, the show's fun to watch, if only for the zombie killings.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think it's time to have Daryl do something that surprises us, or spend some time on somebody else.

I suspect you will get your wish with Merle.  My guess is we're going to learn more about Andrea/Michonne/Tyrese & crew.  I don't think we've seen the end of those 2 antagonistic characters with Tyrese.  I'm thinking they will join forces with the Woodbury bunch.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

~ Sarah Kay

This from another forum. I'll like him better when he puts a bolt in Merle.

Daryl Dixon is the John Wayne of this generation.
                      Treats a lady like a lady, stabs a bad guy in throat, and lives off the land like an Apache.

Get off my porch

yeoldefatguy

Thought this week's episode was kind of uneventful. But it was curious that Andrea walked to the prison with a walker, but left in a car and it was pitch black out when she got back to Woodbury. It's too bad the new people ended up in Woodbury. More enemies for Rick.

I'm beginning to lose interest. 

this

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

kaleidoscopeEyes

My biggest gripe is with the shows sacred cow - Daryl. The writers have made him agonizingly likable. And as if his defender-of-the-defenseless scruples and McGyver-like resourcefulness weren't enough to endear us viewers to him, they felt compelled to add the "wounded bird" love interest sub-plot, and then, hint at the fact that he was abused as a child. Ugh. Enough with the character development on Daryl. We get it, he's a good guy.

Bwahahaha.  Intellectually, I know you are exactly right.  However, when I saw that "wounded bird" scene, I still couldn't help wanting to spoon Daryl and whisper into his neck, Shhhhhhh...everything is gonna be alright, Daryl.  That's why the writers have to put stuff like that in there...for the pitiful fan girls like me.  But seriously though, it wasn't a totally useless plot point because it was a compelling enough trigger for Merle to stick with Daryl (even to the point of helping him defend Rick at the jail) instead of saying to hell with you, after Daryl had shoved the cross bow in Merle's face.

kaleidoscopeEyes

Random thoughts:

I think they're gonna bring back that guy (with the son and the zombie wife he didn't want to shoot) who took Rick in during that bicycle zombie episode in Season 1.  I've been wondering what happened to them.

I don't think I've ever loathed a TV villain more than the Governor.  "Asshole" is right.

Enough already with Crazy-Cakes Rick, Vengeance Glen, unsettlingly old-before-his-time, Children of the Corn Carl, and sweet, useless lullaby singer Beth.

I will keep watching, but I am already wondering how they are going to end this series and resolve the story.  I don't read the comics, but they've been around for over a decade, right?  I don't see this series going on much longer than, say, 6 seasons.  Will the zombie apocalypse end?  Does everyone die?  Will Rick wake up from his coma and find out that it's all been a dream?  Alternate reality?