Pro Grid Triumph 8 Too Big (Read 463 times)

Julia1971

I went to get a new pair of 7s and found out they redesigned the shoe.  I wore a size 8.5 in the old model, but it was too small in the new, so I moved up to a 9.  (My normal shoe size is an 8).  The running store guy said running in shoes that are a bit too big isn't a problem as long as you're not slipping out of the shoe.  And, it's not that much bigger, so I don't see tht happening.  Does this sound right?

Generally speaking, the shoe gets wider as it gets longer, so it essentially maintains the proportion of the foot expected to fill it.  I'd think you also want to be sure that the shoe structures (e.g. arch, primary flex point across the forefoot) hit your foot where they're supposed to.

But some extra room at the toe end shouldn't hurt you, though, if that was his point. 

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Julia1971

Generally speaking, the shoe gets wider as it gets longer, so it essentially maintains the proportion of the foot expected to fill it.  I'd think you also want to be sure that the shoe structures (e.g. arch, primary flex point across the forefoot) hit your foot where they're supposed to.

But some extra room at the toe end shouldn't hurt you, though, if that was his point. 

Good points.  I think I'll try them (I did buy them even though I was skeptical) out on some recovery runs and in the meanwhile look for another pair.  Thanks to RA I can go back to see what I wore before I switched to the Triumphs.  Although, they've probably been redesigned since then, too.  (Sigh.)

Julia1971

I laced up for my run today and realized a potential problem: tripping.  The length in the toe felt noticeable enough that I took them back and got my old shoe.