trying to hide my maps.... (Read 1235 times)

OK, what am I doing wrong, I want to post my log but I can't seem to hide my course's. Help... Primary Workout: Most of my workouts will be Run Bike Swim Running log: Keep my running log private Only allow members in my groups to view my log Allow everyone to see my running log Map access: Keep my new maps private unless I explicitly allow them to be public Graphing: Set advanced graphing as default Course filtering: Only show courses that I used in the last months Body Weight: Fill weight field with the most recent weight Workout types: Running Cycling Swimming Other workouts
    Join me on a run.
    eric :)

oldguy48, Here's what you need to do. To make your log publicly viewable, select the option "Allow everyone to see my running log". To keep your maps private by default, check the "Keep my new maps private unless I explicitly allow them to be public" box. This will make all the maps you make in the future to be private. You then have to edit your existing maps and check the "Private" box. Let me know if you need further help. eric Smile
        ericSmile, Thank you very much, yes that works and I feel comfortable having my running log public now. Smile
        Join me on a run.
        Wingz

Professional Noob

I looked - you have one map public right now - the John Tretton Cabrillo Cross Country. Since that's a race I'm assuming that's okay with you? Cheers! Janell

Roads were made for journeys...

I looked - you have one map public right now - the John Tretton Cabrillo Cross Country. Since that's a race I'm assuming that's okay with you? Cheers! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Yes, I left that one public because it was a race, gnarly race I might add. Lots of sand and hills. A real cross country course. Thanks for your help.. Smile
            Join me on a run.
            Edhans

oldguy48, Here's what you need to do. To make your log publicly viewable, select the option "Allow everyone to see my running log". To keep your maps private by default, check the "Keep my new maps private unless I explicitly allow them to be public" box. This will make all the maps you make in the future to be private. You then have to edit your existing maps and check the "Private" box. Let me know if you need further help. eric Smile

I must be blind. I have about 3 courses I'd like to make private but when I go in to edit  them, I cannot find a "private" box anywhere. What am I missing?

tibre

When you go to edit a course, on the actual map itself, right next to the distance, up in the upper left there is a lock icon.  I'm pretty sure that's it.  The hover text says "mark route as private".

When viewing a map in a workout entry, just above the distance, there's a checkbox next to "Publicly viewable map".  Deselect the checkbox.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau