iPad 2.0 (Read 1136 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

e454545rt

Sure glad I didn't buy the first version last week!

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Thinner.  Lighter.  Faster.

Sounds like my new year's resolution.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

The ipad is such a mainstay with me.  Use it for journal articles, email, web, presentations, etc.  Will probably upgrade and give the current ipad to my daughter.  

Looking for the time the ipad replaces my powerbook.  The macbook air is getting close, but still weighs more than 2 lbs.  

Same thing happened to my ipods.  Bought the original, and upgraded to the larger drive, added the shuffle for runs, and last one was one of the 1st new models of ipod touch, and haven't bought one again.  

2018 Goals:

Get Lucky Half  1:47:59

Grandmas Marathon

Fall Marathon - Twin Cities??

jules2

Sure glad I didn't buy the first version last week!

Same here, having heard the rumours I decided a couple of months ago to bide my time which now seems to have been a good idea as its said the price will be the same.

Mind you by keeping the price the same there should be some good bargains now as there must be a large stock of the old model knocking around which no one will want unless they are discounted plus an active second hand market as the techies upgrade.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Dave

Refurbs are already available through Apple (the old version) for about $120 less than the new model.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Thinner and lighter is good.  I don't suppose there's a USB port?

White.  O boy.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Same here, having heard the rumours I decided a couple of months ago to bide my time which now seems to have been a good idea as its said the price will be the same.

I hear the iPad 3.0 will be coming out in a year or two.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Rumors are that iPad 3 will be here as soon as this Fall/Winter.

bhearn

I will wait for 3.0 to upgrade.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I will wait for 3.0 to upgrade.

I can't imagine what major, if any, hardware differences you would have in an iPad 3.0 if it came only 6-8mo later.  A little faster, a little lighter, a little thinner?  

I'd be more inclined to believe a major Fall/Winter iOS update than a hardware update. 

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

bhearn

Retina display. That's the one biggest deficiency with iPad 1.0, and one that wasn't addressed at all with 2.0.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Rumors:

iPad 3 to Get 2048x1536 Retina Display? (February 19, 2011)

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/02/19/ipad-3-to-get-2048x1536-retina-display/

iPad 3 to Arrive This September? (February 09, 2011)

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/02/09/ipad-3-to-arrive-this-september/

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Rumors:

iPad 3 to Get 2048x1536 Retina Display? (February 19, 2011)

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/02/19/ipad-3-to-get-2048x1536-retina-display/

iPad 3 to Arrive This September? (February 09, 2011)

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/02/09/ipad-3-to-arrive-this-september/

I've seen those rumors.  Quadrupling the pixels (as compared to the current display) while maintaining battery life and price?  I'm skeptical, but I'm not saying it wouldn't be cool.

Dave

I can't imagine what major, if any, hardware differences you would have in an iPad 3.0 if it came only 6-8mo later.  A little faster, a little lighter, a little thinner?  

Maybe a capacity bump?

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com