2013 Sub 4:00 Marathon Goal (Read 1274 times)

Turbolegs

Thanks for the tips!

I thought I had set my log to be visible, but I guess I only thought about it.  Should be visible now.  In any event, I'm in the 20-25 miles per week range and plan to work up to about 30-35 while I train for my next half marathon in February.

JK - I assume the date is actually Nov 10 for your marathon (i realized after posting Dreamn's marathon date that Nov 11th fell on a Monday).

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.

Christirei

Columbus Marathon (www.columbusmarathon.com)  on October 20, 2013!!!

I know it is a ways off, but I am starting to use Nobby's Running-Wizard and want to do some faster work first, and then do a marathon plan. AND, i can't stand running in the heat or sunshine...so fall marathon it is!

I have been running for two and a half years now and posted in the Sub-4 group a bit last year as well when I ran my first marathon (Go! St Louis in April). Last summer I was really lost as to what I wanted to do with my running. I had planned on keeping my long run longs...but it was such a hot miserable summer, that kind of went out the window. I was disappointed with my first marathon attempt (3:50:08) and knew I could run better. In August I changed running shoes to help me focus on my new midfoot strike and started to run some shorter races, I had a great 15K and 8K in October and November....

I want to continue to build strength, decrease speed and get strong and then go into a good well thought out marathon plan to hit the Columbus run well. I have been loving all of this cold weather running!! Winter running is really my forte Smile

Look forward to keeping up with everyone here again!

Turbolegs

Columbus Marathon (www.columbusmarathon.com)  on October 20, 2013!!!

I know it is a ways off, but I am starting to use Nobby's Running-Wizard and want to do some faster work first, and then do a marathon plan. AND, i can't stand running in the heat or sunshine...so fall marathon it is!

I have been running for two and a half years now and posted in the Sub-4 group a bit last year as well when I ran my first marathon (Go! St Louis in April). Last summer I was really lost as to what I wanted to do with my running. I had planned on keeping my long run longs...but it was such a hot miserable summer, that kind of went out the window. I was disappointed with my first marathon attempt (3:50:08) and knew I could run better. In August I changed running shoes to help me focus on my new midfoot strike and started to run some shorter races, I had a great 15K and 8K in October and November....

I want to continue to build strength, decrease speed and get strong and then go into a good well thought out marathon plan to hit the Columbus run well. I have been loving all of this cold weather running!! Winter running is really my forte Smile

Look forward to keeping up with everyone here again!

Welcome back Christi !! Long time no see... Smile All the best for your training .. do Nobby proud. Smile

Christirei

yeah...kind of a lot of pressure!! hahahaha, actually I'm hoping that it will keep to sticking with his plan all the way through so i can really show improvement!!

yweuishdf

No reason provided
            pcaharrier

JK - I assume the date is actually Nov 10 for your marathon (i realized after posting Dreamn's marathon date that Nov 11th fell on a Monday).

Yes, I think that's correct.  They don't seem to have updated the website with the 2013 dates, but it was on Sunday this year and I assume it will be on Sunday next year as well.

Dreamn

Thanks Turbolegs!

What is Nobby's wizard?

Turbolegs

Thanks Turbolegs!

What is Nobby's wizard?

Take a look here

meaghansketch

Rock n' Roll USA (http://runrocknroll.competitor.com/usa) March 16,2013 - goal 4:10.

Something in the fall(not decided yet)- goal: 4:00

I ran my first marathon in 2010, finished in 4:56.  I have been working on increasing my mileage since then and ran an average of around 38 mpw in 2012, in preparation for a fall 2012 marathon.  I significantly decreased all my shorter-distance PRs, bringing my HM time from 2:15 at the time of my marathon down to 1:54.  I was hoping to run around 4:10-4:20 this past fall, but the marathon didn't happen (NYC) and I decided to go for one in the spring.  I'm hoping to run somewhere between 4:00-4:10 in March and then start working on going below 4 hours this fall.  I am not sure yet which fall marathon I am doing-- it will be NYC if that situation gets straightened out and I am able to run it; if not it will probably be another race in the NE or in eastern Canada.  I know I still need to get my mileage higher and I am working on it; I think if I get my mileage over 50 for 6-8 weeks before each marathon I think I could make some pretty good progress, but it's always easy to find the time/energy. 

ckerr1999

Will be running my first marathon on Oct. 20 2013 - Scotiabank Waterfront Marathon -  Toronto Canada - Going to try and run <4:00

Dreamn

Take a look here

Thanks!  Wow, that pace calculator indicates that my endurance is horrendous lol.

36 miles this week, week 2 of Pfitz 18+2/55. Highlights were 5 x 800m at 7.47 (5K pace), and a 13m run this morning with 10 at GMP (9:06). It was supposed to be 13 with 8 at GMP, but it was pretty cold, so the body went into auto to generate some heat. Right achilles was giving some grief at the end: taping and stretching will be necessary this week! 4-mile recovery run tomorrow. Monday will be a total rest day, and a Hangover 5K on Tuesday

Personal bests (bold = this year): 5K - 23:27 / 5M - 38:42 / 10K - 49:31 (track) / 10M - 1:24:26 / HM - 1:51:17 / M - 3:58:58

Next races: NYC Marathon, Nov 2014 

Turbolegs

36 miles this week, week 2 of Pfitz 18+2/55. Highlights were 5 x 800m at 7.47 (5K pace), and a 13m run this morning with 10 at GMP (9:06). It was supposed to be 13 with 8 at GMP, but it was pretty cold, so the body went into auto to generate some heat. Right achilles was giving some grief at the end: taping and stretching will be necessary this week! 4-mile recovery run tomorrow. Monday will be a total rest day, and a Hangover 5K on Tuesday

Took a look at your log .. you are a very good example of overall monthly consistency .. very impressive stuff. The 13mile run in 2:02 with 10 at GMP seems to have been perfectly executed which is itself quite a solid springboard for future workouts ... keep it going !!!

I'm registered for Country Music Marathon April 27, 2013.  This will be my second marathon but I have about 9000 miles on my legs since I started running again in 2006.   I ran this race in 2008 with a time of 3:40, so I am looking to beat that time.

Turbolegs

I'm registered for Country Music Marathon April 27, 2013.  This will be my second marathon but I have about 9000 miles on my legs since I started running again in 2006.   I ran this race in 2008 with a time of 3:40, so I am looking to beat that time.

Hi James - Welcome to the group and you are on for the sub 3:40 challenge !! Given the amount of running you have been doing in the past couple of years (i had a look at your log), you will be a very serious contender for going sub 3:30 so you should definitely look to join that thread as well later this year when you feel ready (i think your 1:28 HM PR is a very clear indicator from 2011, on what you can do if you trained for the full distance - weekly mileage could perhaps use some uplift).

All the best and happy running !!!