LVHM Race Report (Read 495 times)

Ok I typed a big long race report and it dissappered! FREAK AN A!!! I'm sick as a dog and grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! Ok short version (sorry if my grumpiness shines through) Finished in 1:51:37 placed 49 in 2248 in my division 237 in 1487 in gender and 916 in 2996 total. I dropped my nano a couple times costing us close to a minute on our time (never will run with that thing in a race) dh finally put it in his pocket since it wouldn't stay in mine. The blister I got during my weekend gettaway in Ottowa turned into a 3 inch long 2 inch wide blood blister. So instead of getting a free massage after the race I was in the medic tent getting it lanced and bandaged. I wasn't able to push it and go for my 1:45 goal time. OH well such is life. I'm looking forward to smashing my Half Marathon PR in the next month or two (if I can find a half marathon close enough). I'm amazed at my WILL. That is what got me through my race yesterday!! Now if I can get through the next day or two. Nothing like having a house to run while dealing with fever, chills,enough crap coming out of my nose to fill my gas tank and the overflow going into my lungs and causing me to hack something fierce. And here I thought my training went great Sad Not supposed to get sick on race week though! Oh almost forgot Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

As bad as you may feel, it sounds like a good performance in light of the other things you have going on. And just so you know, your ab pictures have motivated me to start working on mine and dropping more weight so I can see them!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

I'm amazed at my WILL. That is what got me through my race yesterday!!
        I'm impressed too! Great time despite the Nano issues and blister and overall sickiness Dead
        2009: BQ?
          ugh, I hope you get well quick. (((hugs))) Either which way, it sounds like you still did great and considering all of your snaffus, you did quite awesome!!!

Jennifer mm#1231

Bonkin, when I read your response I'm like WTF? You mean you can't see your feet? Confused Anyway thank you!!! Thanks Tricia and Jen!! You guys are HUGE motivators!! I HATE the fact that I'm sick!!! I'm not one for exuses and here I am spewing all that went wrong. Why is it that even when you get a great time despite issue's , it's not good enough? Sometimes I hate how I'm wired!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Sorry to hear about your sickness! Life is frustrating enough without having things you can't control get in the way. I know you didn't run the time you were hoping for but you still finished with a good time! And that was with the issues during the race. Rest up and get better!

Michelle

Jeffrey

Congratulations on your race. I think you had a great time considering your ailment and your foot! Don't forget to reward yourself with some rest! Smile
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Awww...bad races really remind us why the good ones are so awesome! I'm so sorry you had a miserable one--I think you take the cake! I hope you are feeling better very soon. Make the kids wait on you hand and foot...you deserve it! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Thanks Michelle, Jeffrey and Kirsten!! Kids wait on me hand and foot? If only! Right now they are relaxing watching Flushed away. My dd did however say how bad she wanted to go for a walk (weather is beautiful) but that since I'm sick and have a hurt foot that she wouldn't cry about not being able to. Of course I can't even lie down cause not only do I have 2 kids on the couch but a close to 40 lb puppy as well. I am DEFINETLY feeling better than I was before taking more meds! Sure people really don't want to see a picture of my foot but I'm posting it anyways Evil grin It looks alot better than I expected and if I am smart (smart and running don't always mix) it should heal rather quickly. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket the white round spot on the bottom is the original blister

Good run, especially considering what you had to deal with. I, too, am impressed with your mental discipline. Combine that with the fact that you will soon be back to good health, and you have got some great times ahead of you. Keeping it all in perspective--ya done good!
                      My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
                        Thanks Don! Yep I'm gonna be back better then ever!