The peeps @ Road Runner Sports are a bunch o' tools.... (Read 1345 times)

road runner sports has a bunch of idiots working for them. I hate that place. seems like their only hiring criteria is a pulse and doe eyes. Roll eyes

Jennifer mm#1231

^^ Are you referring to the phone support or the stores? I have had really good people on the phone. They actually know about the shoes and have given me some good advice. My experience with RRS has been pretty positive. They have a lot of stock and get shoes in early. I am a VIP member and usually find another 10-15% off coupon, so the price is right. I've been ordering from them for many years, with only an occasional problem.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

san diego has a big super store here...they are also a phone center. so yeah, I'm talking brick n mortar store with real live idiots and horrible customer service on the floor. or at least that's been my experience.

Jennifer mm#1231

JakeKnight

I've dealt extensively with one of the Los Angeles stores (Torrance, maybe?). And I never had anything but a first-class experience. Highly professional, knowledgeable, helpful, perfect service... and some great deals.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------

I've dealt extensively with one of the Los Angeles stores (Torrance, maybe?). And I never had anything but a first-class experience. Highly professional, knowledgeable, helpful, perfect service... and some great deals.
            Agreed. The Torrance store has great people working there. I would highly recommend it to anyone in South Bay area.

Amy

50 halfs by age 50

I'd love to spend more at our local (20 minutes away) running store...but they are very small and nearly every time I have gone in there looking for something they don't have it...or not in my size. We have a bigger store an hour away that I really like, but right now it's hard to justify several gallons of gas to shop there when a lot of e-tailers offer free shipping.
              http://www.runningwarehouse.com/ My team gets a discount there. Service is great and shipping is free to you and back if returns are necessary.

*Mel* //  "A lot of people run a race to see who's the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts." - Steve Prefontaine

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/ My team gets a discount there. Service is great and shipping is free to you and back if returns are necessary.
                I think I've ordered from there. I have heard nothing but good stuff and I recommended them to my MIL. RRS contacted her after she placed an order to inform her that a shoe she had ordered was out of stock--but they still tried to charge her $12 shipping for a pair of shorts.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha, get this...first they want to "expunge" me, now I get an e-mail with the subject heading "Only Our Favorite Runners Get This! See Inside..." Holy crap, there must be some peeps with multiple personality disorder working for RRS. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Wow - that's deep. Confused

TRUST THE PROCESS

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Wonder how they treat their not-favorite runners. You were to be expunged, do they get eternal damnation or something?

TRUST THE PROCESS

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wonder how they treat their not-favorite runners. You were to be expunged, do they get eternal damnation or something?
                        I don't know...that's a good question. I am tempted to e-mail RRS to see what their excuse response might be. Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

C-R

You know what they say about kicking a crusty cow pie - it only gets it to start stinking up the place again. Put them in your Spam folder and move on to shops that really value your business. Disclaimer - I stopped ordering from RRS several years ago since I got better service from a local running shop and I just didn't like the idea of paying a yearly fee to be a VIP so I can get a $5 discount.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I personally prefer New England Running Company, based right here in Beverly, MA! Our team gets discounts from them though... so I guess I have a bias. I think the owners are friends with the coaches. They're really great and helpful, albeit small. Highly recommended for anyone on the North Shore of Massachusetts. I don't know if this is typical for a running store, but they let you go outside and "test drive" running shoes before you buy them, which is a HUGE plus for me. I don't know if this is important in any way, but I figured I'd throw it out there.
                            PRs: 1000: 3:01 1 Mile: 4:55 2 Mile: 10:55 2009 Goals: Sub 4:50 mile, 2:50 1000 meter, Good first real XC season
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Disclaimer - I stopped ordering from RRS several years ago since I got better service from a local running shop and I just didn't like the idea of paying a yearly fee to be a VIP so I can get a $5 discount.
                              Yeah, if one pays their VIP fee their prices are often STILL more than what one can find doing a simple Google Products search. Brad, the New England Running Co. looks like a nice store. Too bad they don't have any sort of online sales presence. We have a nice running store an hour away and a NB company store in that area, too...but with the price of gas it's hard to justify the trip. They have a 15% off deal coming up for prior customers, but that still won't make up for what I would be spending to drive there--even with a small car. Sad Thank goodness for free shipping. I wonder how many e-tailers will be able to afford that as shipping rates increase to make up for higher fuel prices.

~ Sarah Kay

C-R

Ok - now I'm on my soapbox and I say keep a close eye on your CC statements. Whilst checking my credit card statement this morning, I noticed a charge from RR for a club membership. Mind you I haven't ordered from them in quite some time. Holy crap - the VIP membership is like some sort of zombie and returns from the dead! $45. I called and they were pleasant and happy enough to reverse the charge with no fuss (which I will now have to check diligently in the next few days). Good on them for that as it was Go Time if needed. Moral of the story - when you sign up for a "Club" membership make sure it doesn't renew under an evergreen clause. I'm just glad I am anal enough to constantly watch my activities. $45 bucks - you know that will buy me several bottles of Chimay or several packs of Unibrue.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/