Reading a book during race? (Read 1578 times)

an amazing likeness

Local race sends out this PDF to reinforce that you can't have your bib mounted in strange places, or folded carefully into the shape of an origami swan. Ok.

Last picture. Lower right.  Woman with interesting neckline. Is that a book?  Did she study for the LSAT or something during the race?

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

MoBramExam

Maybe she brought the book because she forgot to charge her IPOD?

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Law students have a heavy workload.

It looks like she's learning by diffusion or something though.  I guess that's the more advanced level than needing to have the book open.

Unless of course it isn't a book and is in fact a box of cookies in case she hits some kind of mysterious wall.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

MrH

Maybe she brought the book because she forgot to charge her IPOD?

Or It might be an iPad is a special case.

Or she decided to return it to the library on her route.

But I like the idea of her carrying a box of chocolates.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

The only reason there is a "right" and "wrong" way to wear your bib is the freakin' photographers have an improved change of sales if you can read the number. F-'em, I say.....the garsh-darned chip could care less where it is located and how it is oriented!!!!

Sorry, everyone, I just had an UNBELIEVABLE "customer service" issue this evening and am just pissed at the world.......

Keep the running and fitness up and keep the weight from coming back.

Run more miles than last year.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

When we record times by hand, and one volunteer has the job of writing down bib numbers, we really appreciate people who wear bibs correctly, in front, visible.  (But other than that, I also don't really care about the photographers.....)

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Also, someone just suggested to me, maybe she bought her gus in the family economy box, and is carrying the whole box, for convenience.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

She's got Gwyneth Paltrow's head in the box, and she's hauling ass to got to the power plant before Spacey, Freeman and Pitt get there.

(I'll admit, I didn't just know that.  I zoomed in on the writing on the box.)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Hoodoo Guru

Looks like a license plate to me.  If she's that fast it may also explain why she can't keep her bib on.

The tangents are moot.

If it were a book, her hand would be underneath it, to hold the weight.

I think it's a first aid kit, in case she falls and gets a boo-boo.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

I helped coach a middle school XC team last fall. One of the girls looked like she was carrying a purse during the race. When I suggested that she could let her mom hold it during the race, she informed me she has serious asthma problems and the "purse" contains her inhaler which needs to be with her at all times.  So, many times people have good reasons for doing things...

Looks like a license plate to me.  If she's that fast it may also explain why she can't keep her bib on.

I was thinking it could be a public transit map to help get to those checkpoints faster.

Thank you for taking the time to read my signature!

AnneCA

On a recent weekend day  -- it was ridiculously warm, 80 degrees -- there was a guy walking up and down my block wearing running shorts, running shoes, no shirt, while carrying and reading a Kindle or iPad.  The walk up and down the block was like he was doing a cool-down or something.  Just finishing an interesting article he'd been reading . . . on his run, I guess?  I couldn't figure it out.   Theories?

Lazy idiot

On a recent weekend day  -- it was ridiculously warm, 80 degrees -- there was a guy walking up and down my block wearing running shorts, running shoes, no shirt, while carrying and reading a Kindle or iPad.  The walk up and down the block was like he was doing a cool-down or something.  Just finishing an interesting article he'd been reading . . . on his run, I guess?  I couldn't figure it out.   Theories?

Loading his run into RA, no doubt.

Tick tock