Are you a member of a running club? (Read 1392 times)

Running Dad

I wish.. It would be nice to run with someone.. unfortunately we have no clubs around here.. that or cycling club.. Sad
    Things to do this year:
    Not get an injury
    Things done this year:
    Bi-Lo 5k(Myrtle Beach) : 02.12.10 - 25:??
      Recently joined the Shamrock Running Club, Woburn, MA. Was great to have a cheering section for my first HM 2 weeks ago. http://www.shamrockrunningclub.com/

I joined the Dallas Running Club earlier this year. They had several free races (well free for members) with breakfasts. T-shirt, several member races, and race discounts enticed me to join . So far, I haven't made it out to any of their events yet, but my last race was 5 bucks cheaper. Next year, I might join the Fort Worth Runners Club. Other clubs near me: North Texas Trail Runners Grapevine Lake Runners and Walkers

Vim

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Recently joined the Shamrock Running Club, Woburn, MA. Was great to have a cheering section for my first HM 2 weeks ago. http://www.shamrockrunningclub.com/
          Another vote for the Shamrocks! We rock! Big grin
            I am not. That would require being involved with real people. No thanks. I run to get away from them, not spend more time with them.
            I agree. People are creepy and have bad breath.

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

Ozark Mountain Ridge Runners in Springfield, MO. Very competitive and community oriented group! Check us out at www.omrr.org
              "I never said it was going to be easy. I only said it would be worth it."
              jeffdonahue

Winchester, Massachusetts - www.winchesterhighlanders.org There are a bunch of other running clubs in the area but this one runs EVERY morning so any day I want someone to run with I can head down. They also cover all the bases - easy runs, hills on Thursday, Track work on Tuesday, Tempo on Saturday and Long runs on Sundays.

The Greatest of All Time

I am not. That would require being involved with real people. No thanks. I run to get away from them, not spend more time with them.
                  +1
                  all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

Favorite quote: Stop your crying you little girl! 2011: Mt Washington, Washington Trails, Peaks Island, Pikes Peak.

Cryptic

No longer a strider Undecided http://www.gulfwinds.org/
                        So blonderunner, why don't you share some of the memorable things your running club has done? ... blonderunner?

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

Teresadfp

One day at a time

So blonderunner, why don't you share some of the memorable things your running club has done? ... blonderunner?
                          I think she's a hit-and-run spammer.
                            Love the Lights and Nights idea Kimmie! Trent - your running group looks great! The group here is Utah that I referred to before (South Davis Road Runners) is new and I really want to keep it growing and exciting. Does anyone have ideas on winter challenges I could do? Run Happy, Lora www.sdroadrunners.com
                            "Live Healthy" www.blonderunner.com/blog/ Goal: Under 18:00 min in 5K

Cryptic

no link to RA on your site? wth?
                              JerryBZA

Runs with the pack

I wish.. It would be nice to run with someone.. unfortunately we have no clubs around here.. that or cycling club.. Sad
                                I'd love to be in a running club. And there are a bunch in SoCal and Orange County. But none are too close and I refuse to drive 30-45 minutes though to run in a group. I've been tempted to see if I could start one locally.