Are you a member of a running club? (Read 1392 times)

Jerry, check out the Brea chapter of A Snails Pace. Pretty close to Anaheim hills? http://www.snailspace.org/brea/index.html
      I am a member of the Central Mass Striders (CMS) in Worcester, Ma. They feature Marathon training (long runs on Sunday morning - with a coach). Tue and Thur evening group runs Tue, Wed and Thru - track workout session (Jun - Sept) a 5 K race ever Saturday and they sponsor 7 or 8 races during the year..... Great club and lots of good runners........I'm glad that I joined because I have gotten a lot out of it..... Smile Big grin Wink

Champions are made when no one is watching

Man in Tights

Do the Hash House Harriers qualify? I'm a part of them. We call ourselves drinkers with a running problem. Hashers are truly international and run all over the world or wherever there's good beer at the end of good run. Check us out http://gotothehash.net/ and click on any country of your choice. Cool
          Cleveland West Road Runners Club I joined because a friend that got me started running ran with them and they were having a club only trail prediction run and I wanted to run in it. I met the people and run with them 1-3 days a week. The sunday run is one of the things I look forward to each week. Short easy run followed by coffee and conversation. Most of the runs are 15+ miles from my house and require me to drive about 1/2 hour to get to them BUT it isn't just about running! They are good people!
          dickmac1522

One of the best Metro-Chicago clubs is the Glen Ellyn Runners. Please check out: www.glenellynrunners.org The club is open to all people who enjoy running and has over 300+ members. Dick Mc D
              Do the Hash House Harriers qualify? I'm a part of them. We call ourselves drinkers with a running problem. Hashers are truly international and run all over the world or wherever there's good beer at the end of good run. Check us out http://gotothehash.net/ and click on any country of your choice. Cool
              Hell yeah. I've been running with the Brooklyn H3 for a few weeks, and it's been a blast. Running and beer is definitely even greater than the sum of its parts. I'm thinking of maybe joining the NYRR, too.
                Just curious -- what area is that?
                it's in utah, near salt like city
                  I belong to Dirigo, R.C., a USATF-NE sanctioned team that I race for. We are pretty competitive. I train with the Trail Monsters, and race for them in trail races where there isn't a team fielded by Dirigo. I also belong to the Maine Track Club, but I don't race for them. I just joined to help support running in Southern Maine and they do a lot of good things (as long as you ignore the internal politics.) Technically, I also belong to a club through the Maine Running Company (which is where I coach) since everything is sanctioned through there for insurance reasons. I'm guessing Utah?
                  Yes, Davis County is in Utah (Bountiful, North Salt Lake, Woodscross, Centerville area)
                  "Live Healthy" www.blonderunner.com/blog/ Goal: Under 18:00 min in 5K
                    So blonderunner, why don't you share some of the memorable things your running club has done? ... blonderunner?
                    Our running group is still young. We do host free quarterly clinics and had one this week. We covered the new technology out there and speed training. I would love to know what this group thinks would be of interested for our next clinic in January?
                      I wish. I used to be in a great club (Nashville Striders). I haven't found one here yet (South Jersey). Sad
                      You can always start one - that is what I did. I didn't want to drive so far to meet up with others when I know there was enough people who ran here. Now we are delighted to be connected. Just an idea.
                        no link to RA on your site? wth?
                        I am still new to this site and check every site thoroughly over time before adding any links to my site. Thank you for your concern.
                          I'm not right now, but I may join the pittsburgh club that dnephin told me about. I think it would be fun, and would probably help me get ready for my 1st marathon in the spring.

On On

When I first read this headline I thought my answer was no, because I don't pay dues to any club. Then reading the responses I guess I "belong" to several running clubs. There are three different email groups that I communicate with, go on runs with and volunteer at races. There is obviously the hash house harriers that I belong to, www.hashnj.com Then there are you nuts. I actually find the commentary on here more motivating to run than other places. I may actually go do a "race" some day. I only put it in quotes because coming from a hashing background it is more about the fun not competition. I am becoming slowly converted to caring about my times.
                              yep, marathon maniacs. we run most weekends Smile

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Our running group is still young. We do host free quarterly clinics and had one this week. We covered the new technology out there and speed training. I would love to know what this group thinks would be of interested for our next clinic in January?
                                What new technology? (running shoes? GPS junk? nutrition/supplements? power meters? tri bike shoes?)

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.