Random bugs since update (Read 489 times)

Feeling the growl again

Hi ericSmile,

Since the update I've noticed a few bugs.  I am not complaining or even concerned if you fix them, but if they haven't been brought to your attention I thought you may like to know:

-When quoting a post, the quoted text often jumps out of the box.  No matter what I do (cut and paste back to right spot, try again), it will not appear correctly.

-Sometimes when I open a thread, it takes me to a page 2-3 from the end rather than the last page.  If I hit the "to the very end" arrow, it does not reliably take me to the last page but somewhere short of that.

-Sometimes in a thread I'll see people have posted since the last that is visible to me but the page counter shows me that I am at the end.  I'll have to refresh to get those posts to appear.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

eric :)

Spaniel,

What browser are you using?  I haven't seen the quoting problem that you mentioned but I'm sure it's browser related.

As for the two other problems, I made some changes this weekend which should have fixed those problems.

xor

Hi eric.  I've experienced the hoppy quote thing once or twice.

Something else that is coming up... seemingly randomly, though I'm sure it isn't really random...

Sometimes the link button in the editor is greyed out (in fact, it is in this very post).  So I can't link stuff for these posts unless I go into the html and write an a tag.

But other times it works fine.

I'm going to post this, and then go back in and modify my post to see if the link button comes up.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2.9) Gecko/20100824 Firefox/3.6.9 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)

Edited to add: nope.  Still can't link with the editor.

To clarify: I know that to insert a link, I should highlight the text first... this activates the link/unlink buttons.  Except that sometimes it does not.

Feeling the growl again

Spaniel,

What browser are you using?  I haven't seen the quoting problem that you mentioned but I'm sure it's browser related.

As for the two other problems, I made some changes this weekend which should have fixed those problems.

I will have to pay closer attention.  I know it was happening on our Mac (Safari), I thought it was on this computer too (newest IE) but not this post.  I will post back here if I can isolate whether it is just Safari or not.  But I am 100% certain it was happening on Safari, just unsure on IE.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

The issue with quoting happens to me as well. It's when I want to only quote part of a post, I backspace or highlight text and use the delete key and the text sometimes jumps out of the quote block.  I can fix it by going into HTML view.  I use Firefox 3.6.9.  This used to happen before the update, but not as frequently.

Not at it at all. 

eric :)

I haven't seen this behavior yet.  When it happens again, can you point me to the post you're trying to quote, as well as providing a list of steps for me to reproduce the problem?  Thanks!

xor

there is nothing to see here.  Move along.

(I'm an idiot.  I will never be trent)

Imminent Catastrophe

there is nothing to see here.  Move along.

(I'm an idiot.  I will never be trent)

Yo, a little cash in da right place gets your thread bumped to da top. Just sayin'. 

MTA: Just that quick the OP got changed so that my post made no sense at all. Never mind.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

Hahaha.

I missed the bit where you updated your post at the exact same time (ok, officially it must have been at least x seconds later) as I posted.  It is the no-bug "user headspace error".

I haven't seen this behavior yet.  When it happens again, can you point me to the post you're trying to quote, as well as providing a list of steps for me to reproduce the problem?  Thanks!

Eric, it happens with lots of posts.  I think the common factor is if I put the cursor at the very beginning of the quoted post and highlight forward from there; hitting Backspace or Delete triggers the text-jump.

Of course, it didn't happen with this post. Angry

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Prince of Fatness

Hahaha.

I missed the bit where you updated your post at the exact same time (ok, officially it must have been at least x seconds later) as I posted.  It is the no-bug "user headspace error".

Eric, It happens with this quote.  If I put the cursor to the beginning of the second paragraph then backspace to the beginning, eventually the second paragraph will move above and outside of the quote block.  Here is before and after HTML.  It's almost like the q tags are skipped when you backspace.

Before

<p>&nbsp;</p>
                        <p><q pid="8c9f627f7c0f4cd198eb174c5cb19921">
                        <p>Hahaha.</p>
                        <p>&nbsp;</p>
                        <p>I missed the bit where you updated your post at the exact same time (ok, officially it must have been at least x seconds later) as I posted.&nbsp; It is the no-bug "user headspace error".</p>
                        </q></p>

After

<p>I missed the bit where you updated your post at the exact same time (ok, officially it must have been at least x seconds later) as I posted.&nbsp; It is the no-bug "user headspace error".</p>
                        <p><q pid="8c9f627f7c0f4cd198eb174c5cb19921"> </q></p>

Not at it at all.