deleting activities (Read 697 times)

lalaith

Under manage my activities I want to delete activites that I do not use.  I can't figure out how to delete any activities..help!!

Hi

If you want to delete a type of activity, offcourse all workouts of that type have to be deleted or have to had another type of activity. When having done this the seccond step is deleting the workout types. When you have done that, the delete button shows up and then the activity can be deleted.

edit: forgot something: if you have interval sets defined, you first have to delete them aswell.

a short summary:

to delete an activity:

1. Either delete all workouts of that activity or change the activity type of those workouts;

2. Delete all the workout types of the activity;

3. optional, delete all the interval sets;

4. Delete the activity.

succes

Dirk

Bike99

Do I look important?

So.. if you delete the activity (example ELLIPTICAL), will any previous log entries under ELLIPTICAL be deleted with it?

Nobody cares what you didn't do.

eric :)

You can't delete activity types if you have workouts of that type.  The only thing you can do is delete all the entries manually and then delete the activity type.  This is intentional because I don't want people to delete their workouts by accident because they didn't read confirmation dialog boxes.

Bike99

Do I look important?

Thats what I was worried about.  If I delete an activity that perhaps had data I wanted to save, it wont allow me unless I've deleted or 'changed' the workout to a different activity type then.  Thanks!

You can't delete activity types if you have workouts of that type.  The only thing you can do is delete all the entries manually and then delete the activity type.  This is intentional because I don't want people to delete their workouts by accident because they didn't read confirmation dialog boxes.

I'd like to delete a couple of Activities, too. Not Activity Types, but Activities. Before I realized I could add subcategories to Run Workouts, I added Trail and Progressive at the same level as Run. I don't have workouts listed under Trail, etc., but I can't figure out how to delete those from the Activity drop down.

Bike99

Do I look important?

a short summary:

to delete an activity:

1. Either delete all workouts of that activity or change the activity type of those workouts;

2. Delete all the workout types of the activity;

3. optional, delete all the interval sets;

4. Delete the activity.

Dirk summed things up nicely above here.  I found I had to follow these steps as well for the 'delete' option.