Its all downhill from here.... (Read 606 times)

Jeffrey

Try to tune out the stuff that doesn't make sense or seems painful at the time (only 10k left, its all downhill, etc.) after all, most of these folks aren't runners. I focus on the simple/relevant message I hear every now and again. I wrote my name on my number for the 2007 CM and heard some fantastic cheers from folks. Toward the end of the race one spectator focused on me (my spectator sister later told me he was a local running coach). It was so great - and I'll never forget that guy. If you can, plant family at critical points on a route. Places where you know you need real support. Smile
    seeEricaRun

Awesome

What I like best is when someone calls out my number. It's rare, but I'll hear something like "keep it up, 1294!"
      I love that too. At a race this summer someone yelled out, "Go number 78! You're my favorite!" It cracked me up for the next hour.

Bugs

I like it best when they are entertaining..funny signs and such. Is it harder to run a marathon with no spectators?

Bugs

I like it best when they are entertaining..funny signs and such. Is it harder to run a marathon with no spectators?
          My first marathon only had 65 runners and no spectators at all except for the aid station volunteers. I don't think it's harder - just different.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?