just registered-1st HM! (Read 400 times)

ok so I was thinking of doing a HM next week (never did it before) but due to weather, I did not get my long run in today and dont feel confident I'd do well with my longest run only 10 miles. So I just found another one on Oct 19th, so this gives me 3 more weeks of training and 2 more long runs. I really hope I can do this I am def pretty nervous. Oh and what do you guys think about Hal Higdon's training? I am running more than he suggests, but for his HM novice program his longest training run is 10 miles...I dunno, I feel like I should run more than that to get a feel for what HM is really like. He says the last 3 you finish on pure adrenaline. I am not sure I agree. What do you think?
      You should absolutely be fine for either next week or in october, as long as you pace properly. You're actually probably no worse off for not doing your long run this week if you're running the half next weekend. The training you've been doing is absolutely enough for you to complete a half. To run HARD through a half, maybe not, but pace it a little conservative, and you'll be fine.