Help Shipping to Canada (Read 1473 times)

she runs like a girl

I've been trying to purchase a pair of running flats for some time but have been unable to find anyone who will ship to Canada. Is anyone familiar wth the shipping laws because apparently Asics products cannot be shipped over the border - or at least that is what I am being told by companies. I was wondering if it was just not allowed for a company to do it, or if I could have my shoes sent to an address in the US and have someone then ship it to Canada.

Any ideas?

2010 goals: PR at distances from 3k-HM 3k: 02/02/10 - 12:00 - road 5k :03/13/10 - 20:32 - road 10mile: 04/02/10 - 1:15:49 "The only thing I hate more than running is not running"

el Jeffe

I've been trying to purchase a pair of running flats for some time but have been unable to find anyone who will ship to Canada. Is anyone familiar wth the shipping laws because apparently Asics products cannot be shipped over the border - or at least that is what I am being told by companies. I was wondering if it was just not allowed for a company to do it, or if I could have my shoes sent to an address in the US and have someone then ship it to Canada.

Any ideas?

Just place the order over the phone. Works every time. I use www.holabirdsports.com 

she runs like a girl

Thanks Jeff. I'll give it a try. When I order online I'm told it's against international shipping laws so we'll see what they say Smile
        2010 goals: PR at distances from 3k-HM 3k: 02/02/10 - 12:00 - road 5k :03/13/10 - 20:32 - road 10mile: 04/02/10 - 1:15:49 "The only thing I hate more than running is not running"

Kimmi, please give an update when you get a response...  I've had the same problems trying to find someone to send DS Trainers to Canada.  I've had some luck with Sierra Trading Post, but their selection is much more limited than the big boys, and I doubt they carry your flats.

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

I"m a Us citizen living in Canada (Halifax)

running warehouse ships to Canada but I think they only accept US credit cards,

there's also shipping and an import fee.

On sale sneakers are still less expensive than in store models with those charges for me so this is my general method - sometimes I wait and pick them up from Mom when I go to the US

Does that help?

A

Recalculating...

Haha, Canadians.  Get your own company.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

keeponrunning

We tried.  But you guys have cheaper labour, and therefore cheaper shoes.  

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

dennrunner

We tried.  But you guys have cheaper labour, and therefore cheaper shoes.  

Well, actually, we don't have labour; we have labor. 

she runs like a girl

I'm still trying. I'm just struggling to get anything in my size now!

I'm in love with these

Mizuno Wave Universe 3 Unisex Item # 044314 
                    Mizuno Wave Universe 3 Unisex white/red/gold
                    because I wear Mizunos but I also likes these:

Print this page

Saucony Women's Grid Type A4

<iframe frameborder="0" style="position: absolute; filter: progid:dximagetransform.microsoft.alpha(style=0,opacity=0); width: 300px; height: 300px; top: 0px; left: 0px;"></iframe>

anyone know of any places that ship these in a ladies 6 or the universe (mens sizing 4.5) to Canada Sad

she runs like a girl

whoaa thats a big shoe

I"m a Us citizen living in Canada (Halifax)

running warehouse ships to Canada but I think they only accept US credit cards,

there's also shipping and an import fee.

On sale sneakers are still less expensive than in store models with those charges for me so this is my general method - sometimes I wait and pick them up from Mom when I go to the US

Does that help?

A

Well the problem seems to be specifically with Asics.  We can order from places like Road Runner, Running Warehouse, etc., but Asics are usually limited to US sales only with these companies.  

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

We have our own company.  It's called The Running Room.  And it sucks.  

Jack Kerouac

redleaf

true. I like Running Free better. http://www.runningfree.com/

and they seem to have your sauconys Kimmi

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

keeponrunning

Saucony's shouldn't be an issue.  There is an outlet about 20 min. from where me and Kim live.  Other brands are trickier.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

xor

I agree.  But oddly enough, I bought a Running Room jacket before the Vancouver Marathon in 2002 because the weather went to shit, and that jacket remains one of my favorites.  For reals.

Even if it does zip on the opposite side and is apparently a lady jacket.

It is black and slimming.