Most expensive shoes ever? (Read 1098 times)

kcam

In the roadrunnersports catalog I received today - $179.99 for ASICS GEL-Kinsei and $159 for ASICs GEL-Kinetic. Just fricking wow. Would you pay that much for a pair of running shoes?
      But see, the laces can be used for S&M play, which effectively reduces the cost. But no, I would not pay that kinda money unless it included a 1,000 mile warranty.
        I got a pair of Kinseis (had a huge discount) a few months ago. I sent them back. They were WAY too much shoe for me and came up too high on the side and rubbed the bottom of my ankle protrusion. I have NEVER had that happen with any other shoe. For me, they weren't worth a fraction of the cost. I think Kayanos are worth the money, but not the Kinseis.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

In the roadrunnersports catalog I received today - $179.99 for ASICS GEL-Kinsei and $159 for ASICs GEL-Kinetic. Just fricking wow. Would you pay that much for a pair of running shoes?
          Canada always gets the shaft on prices. I saw the Kinsei's at Sporting Life, last November they were $249 add 13% taxes = $281.37 A monthe later they dropped in price to $229 + Taxes --BIG WHOOP! I haven't seen the Kinsei 2's yet, but I hear they only can be purchased at the Running Room chain. I think it is safe to say they will be even more. Modified to Add, yes I would and have paid 179 plus tax...........and I would again Sad

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

PWL

Has been

I had the first version of the Kinsei last summer. Good shoe-it fit my foot pretty well and I looked the cushion on it. I put maybe 250 miles on them, which is about standard for my shoes. I thought they were a good shoe. But I didn't pay for them and I don't think I would ever pay that much for a pair of kicks.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

mikeymike

Would you pay that much for a pair of running shoes?
              Give 'em to me. Wait. I mean, no. I wouldn't pay that much for two pair.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

At those prices they had better induce spontaneous orgasm. Otherwise, eh, not interested. I'd probably still not get much more than 300 miles out of them...that price/mile would be ridiculous.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

So, I got curious Asics Kinsei 2's = 259.99 plus taxes =291.18 Cry So If there is a 2 for 1 sale, I'll be there. I know don't hold my breath. It is worth the drive to Buffalo Undecided http://www.shop.runningroom.com/default.php?cPath=261_90_94

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

PWL

Has been

So, I got curious Asics Kinsei 2's = 259.99 plus taxes =291.18 Cry So If there is a 2 for 1 sale, I'll be there. I know don't hold my breath. It is worth the drive to Buffalo Undecided http://www.shop.runningroom.com/default.php?cPath=261_90_94
                    Which is hilarious because the Canadian dollar is like 1:1 to the US dollar right now. If you still want them, let me know--I'll gladly buy a pair here for $180 and sell them to you for only $250 or so Canadian. Big grin

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

dfffff

I'm not prone to spending more than $70 on my running shoes. I'd never pay that much.
                      jeffdonahue

It was funny because my parents just came back from Florida and my mother was bragging about how much they spent on my father's new sneakers - $150. They looked like nice sneakers, but he doesnt even run. If I didnt need good shoes for running I would be wearing the $15 Walmart specials.
                        kcam

I once paid $120 for some Kayanos - thought I needed more cushioning since everyone seems to like those kind of shoes. I hated them, felt like I had brick attached to each foot. Went back to my $80 DS Trainers (which I tend to be able to wear for 1000 miles). Another thing about those ASICS is that in the same catalog I thought fersure that Nike would definitely top that price with one of their pieces of shit shoes but they didn't even come close. Only ASICS has the balls to put out a pair of $179 running shoes. I suppose Nike could reclaim the crown if you included shoes like Air Jordans.
                            Wasn't the Nike Max 360 right on up there? And the Saucony Paramount (which is a good shoe)?

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Tremont

... Only ASICS has the balls to put out a pair of $179 running shoes. I suppose Nike could reclaim the crown if you included shoes like Air Jordans.
                              The Nike Air Max 360, list price US$200!
                                Only ASICS has the balls to put out a pair of $179 running shoes. I suppose Nike could reclaim the crown if you included shoes like Air Jordans.
                                Newbalance has 4 modrls for 179.99 and one for 189.99, mind you that's in Canada , Surprised - not