Just tired or wrong new shoe? (Read 704 times)

I usually wear neutral shoes but however my right root overpronates a little, So last week I went ahead and bought the mizuno wave inspire 6.  The shoe is a stablity shoe and i figured it would lessen the discomfort in my right leg in high milage weeks by correcting the pronation.  However, all my runs this week with this shoe I have felt really tired and worn out.  Is this because I am tired from the 7 months of continuous no break training or is it because of the shoe?  Thanks for your input!
    xor

The wrong shoe will feel "wrong" and might make you hurt.  I can't figure it would make you tired.... unless perhaps you are wearing a super heavy shoe over many miles and don't really need it (and I'm making this part up, but it sounds plausible).

I have no idea whether the Inspire is the right shoe for you... but I will say that on the neutral->stable spectrum, the inspire isn't THAT stable/chunky of a shoe.  Mizunos super stable shoes are the alchemy and the nirvana.  So I dunno that an inspire is going to make you tired.

well the shoe compared to the nike lunartrainer i was wearing before isnt much different its just that the upper mesh of the nike is much lighter.  btw, what kind of shoe is the mizuno? ps. i cant stop looking at ur dog  lol
        Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

I thought the Inspire was pretty lightweight, all things considered.

I loved my pair, but not sure I'll wear for running again. Last time I ran (and was wearing them) I ended the run short with an ankle stress fracture. Of course, I know those don't come overnight, but I'm a wary of putting them on for mileage when I'm cleared to go again.

TRUST THE PROCESS

The wrong shoe will feel "wrong" and might make you hurt.  I can't figure it would make you tired.... unless perhaps you are wearing a super heavy shoe over many miles and don't really need it (and I'm making this part up, but it sounds plausible).

I have no idea whether the Inspire is the right shoe for you... but I will say that on the neutral->stable spectrum, the inspire isn't THAT stable/chunky of a shoe.  Mizunos super stable shoes are the alchemy and the nirvana.  So I dunno that an inspire is going to make you tired.

I agree.  I can't imagine the Inspires being heavy enough to tire you out.

well the shoe compared to the nike lunartrainer i was wearing before isnt much different its just that the upper mesh of the nike is much lighter.  btw, what kind of shoe is the mizuno? ps. i cant stop looking at ur dog  lol

Stevie Ray, I think your dog is charming, but, frankly, I am not transfixed.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I agree.  I can't imagine the Inspires being heavy enough to tire you out.

Stevie Ray, I think your dog is charming, but, frankly, I am not transfixed.

time for me to get a dog? 

xor

[French accent]

That's not my dog.

[/French]