Need help from runners who are also big geeks. (Read 298 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Captain Hammer...I would swoon.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Captain Hammer...I would swoon.

YES!!!!!!   I love Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog!!!!  This is so going to happen.....but first I think I need to start hitting the weights again.

Thanks for your time,

During the day, I am a mild mannered desk jockey who helps manage a large IT company.  At night, I am a family man, who is insanely in love with his wife and a proud daddy to an amazing girl.  But in the pre-dawn hours, as most everyone else is still asleep, I am my alter ego.  I indulge in my passion for athletic activities, geekdom and artistic fun.  During that time, I am: OxenTrot.  

You can hear my stories at:

My website: www.oxentrot.com

My podcast:  OxenTales on iTunes or just search OxenTales on Stitcher

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

YES!!!!!!   I love Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog!!!!  This is so going to happen.....but first I think I need to start hitting the weights again.

A maaaaan's gotta do what a man's gotta do!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

wbudde

I am partial to the Marvel superheroes, but the spandex-and-no-headgear Mr. Fantastic/Human Torch half of the Fantastic Four from the DC universe would seem to provide good running attire options.

Mysecondnewname

Oxentrot:  sounds like this is the event for you:  http://www.rundisney.com/avengers-half-marathon/

I felt good wearing this, but I haven't run in it so I'm not sure...

bhearn

Bay to Breakers is in three weeks. Just saying.

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Yeah, so I think you're clearly failing at life if you haven't considered wearing an Iron Man costume to compete in an actual Iron Man.  (Or triathlon, or something.)  You could even make your heart rate monitor look like the arc reactor.

http://www.tririg.com/articles.php?id=1026_Epix_Ironman

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

#artbydmcbride

Bay to Breakers is in three weeks. Just saying.

Preview of your outfit, please?

Runners run

bhearn

The usual. I'm getting rid of the cape, adding a knit Cthulhu ski mask.

npaden

I've been beaten handily in a 5K by a dude in a banana costume.

Sounds like everyone in this race got beat by a dude in a banana costume.

http://www.masslive.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/12/frank_banana_man_may_wins_hot.html

My memory is that the guy that beat me had a better costume though.  Some type of padding in the top of the banana to keep it from flopping over like that.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

#artbydmcbride

The usual. I'm getting rid of the cape, adding a knit Cthulhu ski mask.

private messaging still works.....

Runners run

bhearn

Sorry, no pics yet. The g-string needs some major surgery still after last year. I forgot the body glide, used Vaseline, which sucked tons of sequins off.

Joann Y

Sorry, no pics yet. The g-string needs some major surgery still after last year. I forgot the body glide, used Vaseline, which sucked tons of sequins off.

Do you bring a back-up g-string, like, in case there is a malfunction on the run?

bhearn

My wife is always concerned about that. The thing is 20+ years old (it was a gag gift), but the elastic seems to be doing fine. Honestly it wouldn't be that big a deal to me; there are plenty of naked runners.