Elevation (Read 1614 times)

calderlad

Having been working fine for a long time the elevation seems to have packed in as a feature again. Its syas its looking and then a box appears with Invalid data??.

Any ideas why its not working and when it might be working again please

eric :)

Hi,

I'm working on a solution right now.  I'm hoping it'll be ready in several days.

eric :-)

calderlad

You're a star. Thanks.

calderlad,

I am running into a little snag.  All the coding is done, but I don't have the elevation data yet.  I am in the process of securing a data source.  It won't be ready until the last week of May.  Hope you don't mind.  Once it's in place, the elevation profile should be generated super fast.

eric :-)

calderlad

I can wait thanks again the work you do is much appreciated.

Eric, can you say where RA pulls its elevation data?  The topo graph I see here seems far more accurate than what Garmin's Training Center presents (which I think comes from the device itself).

Thanks!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

I hooked up the elevation data source tonight.  You should be able to obtain international elevation profiles again.

CliveFenster: the elevation data obtained via the Forerunner is useless.  RA relies on USGS for its elevation data.

calderlad

WOW that certainly is fast. faster than its ever been. Thanks
                  kcam

I hooked up the elevation data source tonight.  You should be able to obtain international elevation profiles again.

CliveFenster: the elevation data obtained via the Forerunner is useless.  RA relies on USGS for its elevation data.

Eric, agree that the Forerunner elevation data is useless - therefore any chance of making the USGS data be the default to pop up when you select 'Map'?

Eric, agree that the Forerunner elevation data is useless - therefore any chance of making the USGS data be the default to pop up when you select 'Map'?

This is certainly possible.  Basically, I will have to add code to programmatically replace the elevation data in the data files.  This will be supported in a future release.

calderlad

Have been away and just logged a new run I like the changes with elevation plotting as you map however i only seem to get the height read out at the bottom of the graph nothing is appearing in the graph itself. Sorry perhaps i should change my user name to elevationobsessive.
                        Cheers

Have been away and just logged a new run I like the changes with elevation plotting as you map however i only seem to get the height read out at the bottom of the graph nothing is appearing in the graph itself. Sorry perhaps i should change my user name to elevationobsessive.
                          Cheers

Can you provide me with a map that is exihibiting this problem?

calderlad

can you access my training log if so if you look at any of the Courses that start ESFRC. Thanks

I looked at your training log.  There are no courses that began with ESFRC.  There are a few that started with ESF, but I didn't see any problems with them.  What browser are you using?

A Saucy Wench

Oh...wait.  Are you supposed to be able to see the elevation profile on the Map tab if you overwrite forerunner data?  Since the change I can only see it on the graph tab.  The space for elevation is blank on all my runs when I look. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7