Socks (Read 815 times)

Kings Canyon NP 07'

I am a sucker for smartwool, you?

left-right-left-right-repeat

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yes. Addict would be more appropriate, in my case--I now have several pair of running AND regular casual ones. I am thinking about tossing all non-Smartwool socks in the trash. And now my son is a sock snob, too. He's not even 7 and whines when his 4 pair of Smartwool are in the laundry or missing matches...then he has to wear white Hanes socks. Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I got a pair of Injinji toe socks to try out and I love them! First run I did in them was 11 miles and I didn't have any of the toenail soreness I usually have. They feel a little weird at first, but then they are just cool and comfy! I am military and I plan on trying all their socks, even for my boots!
          ooo..i'm planning to try out injinji as well - hoping it will help solve my pinky toe callus problem. have never tried smartwood. sounds like i need to...
          PWL

Has been

then he has to wear white Hanes socks. Wink
            White Hanes? That's child neglect, lady! Embarrassed

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Smartwool is a really good product. I'm also a Powersox fan.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Life is Good

I have always been a fan of Thor-lo ( best cushion and they last years) but my Son bought me one pair of the Smartwool this Christmas and I really like them... I have several pair of the power socks too and they are great.

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

finish a half Ironman triathlon

Warrior dash 2012

Chickamauga battlefield half 2012

and a few small races in between

I like Balega. All of them. Thick, thin, high, low.... Also like Smartwool and Injinji.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

White Hanes? That's child neglect, lady! Embarrassed
                    I know...I am just waiting for CPS to come knockin'. Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

Kings Canyon NP 07'

How did we survive growing up in hanes and keds?

left-right-left-right-repeat

Toughskins. Don't forget Toughskins. And Garanimals. I think I was wearing that crap when everyone else moved on to Levis. At least I never had Underoos. But to the original post, Smartwools are great.
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Man, I would have killed for brands like Hanes and Keds...I got knock-offs of those, even. I thought I was the shit when I finally got a pair of Tretorns!

~ Sarah Kay

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

I am a sucker for smartwool, you?
                            I only wear smartwool! They are my favs! Big grin
                            "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
                              I wear black Asics Kayano running socks at races. On my daily runs, I typically use thick polyester black Goldtoe dress socks. modal How much are you all paying for socks? Over a certain $, I might start questioning my own sanity.

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

How much are you all paying for socks? Over a certain $, I might start questioning my own sanity.
                                I look for discounts/closeouts/sales on Smartwool. They can be found for a good deal if one knows where to look. k

~ Sarah Kay