Great day! Delivery from runningwarehouse! (Read 887 times)

sethf11

Just got a new pair of Mizuno Wave Inspire 6 from runningwarehouse. Isn't it great when the package shows up at the door from UPS? Can't wait to try these shoes. I love delivery day!

Oh roo roooo!

I love when stuff comes too!  And I love that Running Warehouse gets stuff out to you in 2 days!

I don't work for Runningwarehouse but I have only had great service from them - Love the two day delivery.  I had to return a fanny pack once, and they gave me the new one that cost a dollar more for the same price.  Guess charging me that one dollar to my credit card would have been too much of a hassle but still......I was happy.  All my Xmas gifts are coming from them.  I do shop at the local running store too.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Chris T

To me, Runningwearhouse is a fantastic online retailer.  Very good selection, free shipping, easy returns with free return shipping, detailed info on website including when out-of-stock items will be available, etc.

I took advantage of an unusually good sale at Road Runner Sports this week (and feel a little dirty!). I'll see how they compare. I also like to support my local running store(s) but they often are uncompetitive on pricing.

To me, Runningwearhouse is a fantastic online retailer.  Very good selection, free shipping, easy returns with free return shipping, detailed info on website including when out-of-stock items will be available, etc.

I took advantage of an unusually good sale at Road Runner Sports this week (and feel a little dirty!). I'll see how they compare. I also like to support my local running store(s) but they often are uncompetitive on pricing.

Even without the sale, RRS will price-match on shoes.  And RRS's VIP program offers a 90-day try-em-and-return-em-if-unhappy policy, whereas RW won't take shoes back (even for credit!) if you've worn them outside.  I tend to use RRS for shoes (unless RW's 15% discount -- which RRS won't match -- sweetens the deal too much), RW for other higher-ticket items, and the LRS for everything small or that I want RIGHT NOW.

NFI to either company.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

xor

I was a RRS customer for many years.  Satisfied, mostly, but OMG do they spam me.  They used to also spam my real mail (you know, the paper kind), but they slowed that crap down.

RRS's VIP program makes me want to barf.  25 bucks a year (after first year at 1.99 - that's new) to shell out just so you can buy their shoes for probably the same price as any other place?  Or am I missing some great deal here?  And the spam.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Once you know the make/model shoe that works for you, then sure, there are tons of places to buy from.

But the only two places I've found that'll let me run in shoes (and I don't mean in the parking lot) and return them if they don't work out are RRS and the LRS.  The prices are significantly different.  If you know of another option, please post up.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

I look my best blurry!

I like to support my local economy as much as possible.  We have some nice locally owned running stores.  I'm making great friends there and they give me a discount that easily compares too these deals.  (BRAGGING - I've also won some nice coupons in local races to help out!  SORRY!)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Yep, our local running store really supports the local running community.  They come and give talks (not sales pitches) to our running club, sponsor the local races, and give us discounts that match the online prices.  I've won a couple of AG coupons for them, too Smile

Fan of RW as well.

I really try to support our Local running stores, but they do not carry any of the lighter shoes I use (especially in my dainty 7.5 - 8 size).  I am not too particular about the shoe model, run in Asics speedstar, Saucaony Kinvara, Peal Izumi Streak, Brooks Launch, etc and if anyone else has suggestions for a neutral 8-9 oz trainer, I'll try it as well.

mikeymike

I have no interest in where you people buy your running shoes.

Runners run

The amazing discounts, free 2-day shipping, and free return shipping have me using RunningWarehouse a lot. I occasionally use the LRS if I want to try on a bunch of different types of shoes. I'll sometimes buy something from Eastbay, like a pair of spikes.

Even if I were tempted by price to use RRS, I might not be able to stomach it, as I haven't yet forgotten about the emails they sent out like a year ago to discourage people from going barefoot or using minimalist shoes.

Kalsarikännit

I have no interest in where you people buy your running shoes.

I refuse to believe that.  I just bought a pair of LaSportiva Raptors from Running Warehouse today.  I love them.

I'd like to support my local running store, but not when the price difference is $40/ pair and they don't carry any good trail shoes or have my road shoes in stock.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

I just bought a pair of LaSportiva Raptors

Hello.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus