Celebrity Marathon Times (Read 2578 times)

#artbydmcbride

Not a marathon, but Jennifer Lopez just did the Nautica triathlon at Malibu, Sept. 14, 2008 in 2 hours, 23 minutes, 38 seconds. Smile (1/2 mile swim, 18 mile bike ride, 4 mile run)

Runners run

xor

what did Mario Lopez do to get in Boston? at least Ferrel came in with a respectable time.
      My brother Mario was running for charity (Big Brothers/Big Sisters). Based on this, he was gimpy.

Eliot Spitzer - New York City Marathon, 3:58:43 "My wife doesn't mind when I slip out at 5 a.m. She just asks that I don't turn on the lights." Cool

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Am I the only one who has a hard time believing that Will Ferrell really ran it in under 4? Don't get me wrong I'm a huge fan of his, but as he unashamedly shows in most of his movies, he does not have anything even close to an athletic body. If he did then that 1 line in Blades of Glory wouldn't have been so funny Big grin
          I'm hoping to someday go under 4...just sayin' (and I definitely don't look like an "athlete"). First time I'd just like to beat Oprah...or maybe even P. Diddy. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

what did Mario Lopez do to get in Boston? at least Ferrel came in with a respectable time.
            Lopez said in an issue of runner's world that he did it with his girl friend.... they stopped for lunch. http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-243-410--12597-0,00.html I've never attempted a marathon but I think that is just lame!
            Doobry

Anthony 'Tone' Audenshaw (long-term actor in UK Soap, Emmerdale) posted a 3:00.07 at age 40 in t'2004 London Marathon; http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3634713.stm p.s. "waah-wah-wah-WAAH!" - my inane interpretation of the now defunkt, & original, Emmerdale (Farm) theme chune.

Religion is just a contest to see who's got the best imaginary friend.

mikeymike

Anthony 'Tone' Audenshaw (long-term actor in UK Soap, Emmerdale) posted a 3:00.07 at age 40 in t'2004 London Marathon
                Ouch. Eight seconds....

Runners run

Doobry

yes

Religion is just a contest to see who's got the best imaginary friend.

Cause I CAN

guess that makes me David Lee
                    Liver Transplant - July 2, 1991
                    http://terri7291.blogspot.com/

A Saucy Wench

Lopez said in an issue of runner's world that he did it with his girl friend.... they stopped for lunch. http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-243-410--12597-0,00.html I've never attempted a marathon but I think that is just lame!
                      I read that...to me that sounded like "I dont want to admit I ran a 5 1/2 hour marathon so I'll blame it on my girl. Lunch? If you are running fast enough to have TIME for lunch in 5.5 hours, you wont be able to run with lunch in your tummy, if you are walking slow enough to be able to eat lunch you wont finish in 5.5 hours. Do you think they packed a picnic or just whipped out mastercard and got a roadside seat at a cafe?

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Insert witty title here

First time I'd just like to beat Oprah...or maybe even P. Diddy. Big grin
                        Well yeah, we all want to beat P. Diddy... oh you're talking about running..

ThomasRuns Blog
                        Twitter

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - [Walter Bagehot]

JerryBZA

Runs with the pack

Clarence Thomas Supreme Court Justice 3:11:00 (1980)*
                          What? A 3:11 from Clarence Thomas? He must have been in pretty good shape back 28 years ago.
                          xor

That was a weird one because of the asterisk... "unconfirmed". I don't remember others on the list that came up like this. John Kerry's phantom Boston (during the 2004 campaign, he said he ran it, but couldn't remember the year nor his time) is the mother of all asterisked races, though.

I nearly didn't do it because I hurt my ankle a couple weeks before the race. But I just taped it up and gutted through it. I ran it with my then-girlfriend, who wanted me to stay with her, and she kept stopping and starting. It was a really leisurely race. We even stopped for lunch. So my time wasn't fast, hovering around five hours
                              Yeah...it was all his gf's fault he had a slow time.. Shy stopped for lunch? wtf, during a marathon? I kinda doubt it.
                              mikeymike

I read that...to me that sounded like "I dont want to admit I ran a 5 1/2 hour marathon so I'll blame it on my girl. Lunch? If you are running fast enough to have TIME for lunch in 5.5 hours, you wont be able to run with lunch in your tummy, if you are walking slow enough to be able to eat lunch you wont finish in 5.5 hours.
                                Depends how fast you are and how long you take for lunch, I guess.

Runners run