the science of training and the industry of training (Read 312 times)

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Hmm. So I guess these researchers got it all wrong?

https://phys.org/news/2017-07-tyrannosaurus-rex-couldnt.html

Of course they got it wrong....

The model (and others before it) are based upon running with shoe wearing human biomechanics. Do you see the legs swinging in parallel motion or in replication of the Ardley Trackway prints? Since they used a parallel leg swing model (because that's all the idiots know), in no way was it accurate at all.

I teach Soldiers how to mimic their hunting skills. So when you wrap an Army Ranger in 135lbs of equipment and their heart rate drops while the incline of the treadmill was increased is something they can't duplicate. I can do it all day long.

I'm a bot? Is that all the stupid people can come up with because they can't refute me with any science???

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Of course they got it wrong....

The model (and others before it) are based upon running with shoe wearing human biomechanics. Do you see the legs swinging in parallel motion or in replication of the Ardley Trackway prints? Since they used a parallel leg swing model (because that's all the idiots know), in no way was it accurate at all.

I teach Soldiers how to mimic their hunting skills. So when you wrap an Army Ranger in 135lbs of equipment and their heart rate drops while the incline of the treadmill was increased is something they can't duplicate. I can do it all day long.

I'm a bot? Is that all the stupid people can come up with because they can't refute me with any science???

You sound just like one of those experts.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

Sportjester did your method work on you?

Could you give proof of some of your recent race Times.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

T Hound

Slower but happier

Or anyone’s (maybe youve coached) this side of the K-T boundary?

2020 goal:  couch to 5K, currently working on the couch block

Lane

I may be stupid but at least can pass a Turing test.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Why a duck?

I never saw that before; that was quite informative.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

rlopez

So rlopez what is his story.

Is he really a coach.

I can only tell the pieces I know, which are not much and are not that entertaining.

And, frankly, I dunno whether I won or lost the duel.

Ha.

But he ain't a bot. Not really. Maybe a duck. Or a block of wood.

T Hound

Slower but happier

I may be stupid but at least can pass a Turing test.

Lmao

sport jester

Biomimeticist

It doesn't have to work on me. It has to work for others...

And that's the joke of this for me, I call it the ABM syndrome; Anyone But Me. Everyone wants me to prove it's worked for others, because they're too chicken shit to try it for themselves. And they think playing class clown to discourage anyone from a legitimate conversation, let alone with anyone whose tried it, will hopefully work.

Of course my method works, that's why I can explain how the women of Kenya carry 20% of their bodyweight with no increase in energy expenditure and you can't. It's funny that Navy SEALs and Special Forces can figure out that what I teach works, but internet idiots with no education whatsoever would waste as much time possible than have any legitimate conversation.

The masking tape exercise is there, along with the SEAL who openly shares how to learn it and yet so many refuse.

https://archive.nytimes.com/www.nytimes.com/learning/teachers/featured_articles/20020312tuesday.html

If you can't explain the women of Kenya, then your education is garbage compared to mine. Maybe you should ask the  NSCA, ACE, NASM, or ACSM to formally and publicly test me. I'd readily accept the challenge once and for all. That they won't is because they can't replicate or explain the women's skill let alone refute me..

Trust me, they know who I am and what I teach. They're cowards and they know it.

For myself, I don't run because it's boring as hell for me. I row 6k every gym workout along with climbing 1,000ft on a 30 degree treadmill.

I can walk at 8MPH if I so choose, so why would I run?

My open question is why you're all too pathetic to try it for yourself and then have a discussion???

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

Seattle prattle

My open question is why you're all too pathetic to try it for yourself and then have a discussion???

Because you are bombastic and long winded to such an extent that i gave up on reading this discussion after the first couple of posts. I am being frank. Your style is not one a reader like myself can tolerate for long. Scratch that.... at all.

Sunflower747

And that's the joke of this for me, I call it the ABM syndrome; Anyone But Me. Everyone wants me to prove it's worked for others, because they're too chicken shit to try it for themselves. 

Because that's how science works.  You have a hypothesis, you test it, and the data either supports or rejects your hypothesis.

Right now you just have some crazy hypotheses with a bunch of random stuff you found on the internet to form those hypotheses with no actual real data testing them.

This post is called the SCIENCE of training.   You complained that no one  can discuss the science with you.  So get back in your rocketship and go out and test them and stop rambling on and on and insulting people when you have no real evidence.

T Hound

Slower but happier

I can only tell the pieces...

But he ain't a bot. Not really. Maybe a duck. Or a block of wood.

We need some solid logic here

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

SportJester you don't need to get so angry.

Why do care what we think.

I really feel sorry for you.

You seem to need the approval of internet strangers.

I hope you can find something that makes you happy.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

Ben Obert

And that's the joke of this for me, I call it the ABM syndrome; Anyone But Me. Everyone wants me to prove it's worked for others, because they're too chicken shit to try it for themselves. And they think playing class clown to discourage anyone from a legitimate conversation, let alone with anyone whose tried it, will hopefully work.

Of course my method works, that's why I can explain how the women of Kenya carry 20% of their bodyweight with no increase in energy expenditure and you can't. It's funny that Navy SEALs and Special Forces can figure out that what I teach works, but internet idiots with no education whatsoever would waste as much time possible than have any legitimate conversation.

The masking tape exercise is there, along with the SEAL who openly shares how to learn it and yet so many refuse.

https://archive.nytimes.com/www.nytimes.com/learning/teachers/featured_articles/20020312tuesday.html

If you can't explain the women of Kenya, then your education is garbage compared to mine. Maybe you should ask the  NSCA, ACE, NASM, or ACSM to formally and publicly test me. I'd readily accept the challenge once and for all. That they won't is because they can't replicate or explain the women's skill let alone refute me..

Trust me, they know who I am and what I teach. They're cowards and they know it.

For myself, I don't run because it's boring as hell for me. I row 6k every gym workout along with climbing 1,000ft on a 30 degree treadmill.

I can walk at 8MPH if I so choose, so why would I run?

Let's all just admit that sport jester knows literally everything and that we are literally pieces of trash. sport jester is basically a deity. XDXDXDXD

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Data?

That I can put you on a treadmill with a heart rate monitor and let you run at any speed you're comfortable, take you off the machine and teach you how Kenyans actually run, will result in a 20% decrease in heart rate for the same speed. How I do it is the science I work with and why I can replicate how the women carry 20% of their bodyweight with no increase in energy expenditure.

If you can carry 20% of your bodyweight with no increase in energy expenditure, then what you do with the energy saved if you remove the weight is easy; you can either run further, or run faster. That's science.

If you can't explain how the women carry the weight so efficiently, then I've just explained why their sons are the best distance runners in the world.

In my video with my Soldier subject, he admits to working his calves more, explain the science for me behind why. He admits that its a much quieter way to walk, so explain the science behind why.

I'll gladly discuss real science...

Unlike you, all of my claims have been fully tested by both Nike, and the Army. My students are military orthopedic surgeons with real medical educations which go far beyond your barstool certification. They don't need either data or studies to validate if what I teach works, and my medical credibility with them is without question.

Biomechanics is actually an easy science. If you change the way you move you can have only one of two results. Either the change will make it harder to move or easier. That's science.

The data is there for yourself to experience. If you try the masking tape exercise, given you lack the education to understand why its a more efficient way to run is understandable. But I openly challenge you to tell me why its a harder way to move, if not an easier one.

And if its an easier way to walk, then its also an easier (faster) way to run. If not, then tell me why.