Buyers remorse (Read 205 times)

Gizmo2019

Is how I feel right now, the night before my first 10k. I have this twinge in my right ankle and knee that’s worrying me. I’m stretching and moving it. Resting it. Just bothers at certain angles/weight placed on it.

ugh. Why did I do this again?!

I’ll do my best I’ll suppose...thanks for everyone’s support!!!

an amazing likeness

Go to sleep.

Pinning that bib on and toeing the start line has been your goal.

Trust all your training -- let your body do what it has been working to learn.

Let those worries go, they are not doing you any good.

Just run, easy and hard.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Gizmo2019

👍

Gizmo2019

I don’t even know where to pin my bib!!!

😂

going to bed now..,

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Two general options:

1) on the stomach of your inner shirt (assuming you'll wear that through the race)

2) on the side of your shorts (only works for smaller bibs), in case you want to take off your shirt during the race

Also, if your bib is tivex (like a FedEx package), I suggest wrinkling it before putting it on.  Makes it hang more naturally.

Enjoy your 10k.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Don’t worry about it as race week niggles/phantom pains are normal. You’ll be fine. 👍

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Gizmo2019

Thanks everyone!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Unless the rfid tag is built into the bib — then don’t (to avoid destroying your timing chip).

Also, if your bib is tivex (like a FedEx package), I suggest wrinkling it before putting it on.  Makes it hang more naturally.

Enjoy your 10k.

How was it?!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Gizmo2019

Unless the rfid tag is built into the bib — then don’t (to avoid destroying your timing chip).

How was it?!

it was awesome! im still thinking about it! my ankle held me back from cramping (this is normal for me when i go fast for too long). but i did ok on time. but the feeling was great. thanks!

the chip tag was attached to the bib. i ended up pinning it at the most bottom point of my tank. in the center. my husband told me to throw it to him once i saw him in the crowd and he'd throw the bib in across the line to get a better time ;-)