Got my "Spirit" ticket (Read 1010 times)

I got my ticket for "Spirit of the Marathon" today...I'm having to go by myself because I'm the only runner around here that I know....I hope the movie is good. Anyone else going?
    Yup! I was going to go by myself, and J asked if I could grab him a ticket too... maybe this will inspire him to run? Hehe
    2009: BQ?
      Yup! I was going to go by myself, and J asked if I could grab him a ticket too... maybe this will inspire him to run? Hehe
      good luck with that one.... let me know how it goes. Clowning around
      http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
        I got my tix a few weeks back. Will be going with the girlfriend and my father (both marathoners at one time or another). I'm guessing it'll be an interesting crowd, probably the thinnest, healthiest demographic in any of the movies at this theater!

-------------------------------------
        5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
        10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
        1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
        Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm guessing it'll be an interesting crowd, probably the thinnest, healthiest demographic in any of the movies at this theater!
          Not when I'm there! Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Top 'O the World!

I'm in too! online = Will Call ofc....DH is going w/me.....maybe he'll be inspired to lace up those dusty shoes in the closet! Wink
            Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Bugs

Going and hells bells I'll be getting a popcorn and coke too. Smile

Bugs

Top 'O the World!

I've got a coupon for free popcorn! Evil grin
                Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Was talking to Dw about it last night - I'm really stoked about and am going with some running friends. DD basically heard "movie" and asked if she could come. My wife told her "You wouldn't like it, it's not for normal people, just those who run" I was offended that she left out the indie film fan demographic. Oh, and when you say this is gonna be the fittest, thinnest movie audience ever, that's probably true. But I'm what statisticians like to call a "flyer" I like "statistical anamoly" better, though, , it sounds more mysterious (or maybe just pretentious)
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Was talking to Dw about it last night - I'm really stoked about and am going with some running friends. DD basically heard "movie" and asked if she could come. My wife told her "You wouldn't like it, it's not for normal people, just those who run"
                    I'd think anyone who enjoys documentaries and human interest stories would like it. Even if I weren't a runner I'm sure I'd enjoy it, being a runner just makes me want to see it in the theater, instead of waiting for DVD. Smile

~ Sarah Kay

I'm going and pretty excited about it. Convinced my SO to go with me (and hoping he'll catch the running bug while we're there). We'll be stuffing our faces with popcorn and Bunch a Crunch. I'm bringing tissues too - that trailer is practically a tear-jerker. Wink I'm hoping for inspiration/motivation for my upcoming marathon, but I have a feeling it may just scare the crap out of me.
                        Going tonight. Psyched. Gatorade and GU to snack on? Suppose I'll wear a running shirt and old running shoes, too, or maybe that'll be too over the top.
                          Going tonight. Psyched. Gatorade and GU to snack on? Suppose I'll wear a running shirt and old running shoes, too, or maybe that'll be too over the top.
                          Haha --- mmm chocolate outrage GU ... maybe some Sport Beans? Wink I'm wearing a suit Undecided
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

<--- dork b( :o) i just watched the trailer, again. shit, i am going to be a blubbering mess 5 minutes in, i just know it. sheesh, and i haven't even ever run that distance. the furthest i have ever run in a day was about 16 miles. i can only imagine how emotional this documentary could be for those who have completed at least one marathon. i'll be really interested to see the reactions. k dork="" b(="" :o)="" i="" just="" watched="" the="" trailer,="" again.="" shit,="" i="" am="" going="" to="" be="" a="" blubbering="" mess="" 5="" minutes="" in,="" i="" just="" know="" it.="" sheesh,="" and="" i="" haven't="" even="" ever="" run="" that="" distance.="" the="" furthest="" i="" have="" ever="" run="" in="" a="" day="" was="" about="" 16="" miles.="" i="" can="" only="" imagine="" how="" emotional="" this="" documentary="" could="" be="" for="" those="" who="" have="" completed="" at="" least="" one="" marathon.="" i'll="" be="" really="" interested="" to="" see="" the="" reactions.=""></--- dork b( :o) i just watched the trailer, again. shit, i am going to be a blubbering mess 5 minutes in, i just know it. sheesh, and i haven't even ever run that distance. the furthest i have ever run in a day was about 16 miles. i can only imagine how emotional this documentary could be for those who have completed at least one marathon. i'll be really interested to see the reactions. k>

~ Sarah Kay

<--- dork="" b(="" :o)="" i="" just="" watched="" the="" trailer,="" again.="" shit,="" i="" am="" going="" to="" be="" a="" blubbering="" mess="" 5="" minutes="" in,="" i="" just="" know="" it.="" sheesh,="" and="" i="" haven't="" even="" ever="" run="" that="" distance.="" the="" furthest="" i="" have="" ever="" run="" in="" a="" day="" was="" about="" 16="" miles.="" i="" can="" only="" imagine="" how="" emotional="" this="" documentary="" could="" be="" for="" those="" who="" have="" completed="" at="" least="" one="" marathon.="" i'll="" be="" really="" interested="" to="" see="" the="" reactions.=""></--->
                              I know it's going to bring back memories of the three marathons I've done (good AND bad memories!) ... and get me super excited for MCM!!
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I hope it gets me excited for the marathon I hope to run in the Fall. If it doesn't get me excited it will scare the pants off of me...and that's probably not a bad thing, either. I've never felt true agony on a run, not even on my PR'd HM--my fastest paced race yet--and I have a feeling that I'm gonna be in a bit of shock when I do. k

~ Sarah Kay