"In GPS We Trust" (Read 2287 times)

mikeymike

However, given the cost in terms of dollars, training time and recovery, I'd rather be more conservative when racing a marathon than when racing a 5k.

Yep, and given those exact same considerations I'd rather be more aggressive.

Runners run

pfdos.

Your search - pfdos site:urbandictionary.com - did not match any documents.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

L Train

Your search - pfdos site:urbandictionary.com - did not match any documents.

I'm sorry.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yep, and given those exact same considerations I'd rather be more aggressive.

Yeah, but then you only get one shot at it per 6-12 months.

The King of Beasts

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

L Train

So more than once evey 6-12 months you want to take shots at running conservative marathons?

mikeymike

Exactly, which is why every single time I've made damn sure I didn't get all dressed up for nothin'.

(It's also why I'm retired from marathons.)

Runners run

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

So more than once evey 6-12 months you want to take shots at running conservative marathons?

Yep.

(It's also why I keep running them)

I think I've posted more words in this thread than miles run in March.

(pfdos, LTrain, pfdos).

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Why is it sideways?

However, given the cost in terms of dollars, training time and recovery, I'd rather be more conservative when racing a marathon than when racing a 5k.

So, this is the way you see it: you train hard, relentlessly, day after day to reach a place that you're not even sure was possible and then when it comes time to find out if it really was possible, you stand on the line and say hey I've got a lot into this so why don't I just back off and make sure I don't take any risks.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

SRL gets a shot every week.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I suck ...  I suck ...  I suck ...  

Well said.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

So, this is the way you see it: you train hard, relentlessly, day after day to reach a place that you're not even sure was possible and then when it comes time to find out if it really was possible, you stand on the line and say hey I've got a lot into this so why don't I just back off and make sure I don't take any risks.

Heh.

Lazy idiot

Well said.

I'm a Buckeye, what can I say?

You back to running, yet, Michigan man?

Tick tock

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I'm a Buckeye, what can I say?

You back to running, yet, Michigan man?

Waddling 5 days a week until I can get all of the baby weight off.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.