ultimate runner's test...... (Read 4097 times)

Scout7

The dominant leg in runners is the one most likely with the knee band on it
    Neither of my knees have bands. I'm apparently not straight, I'm bi-kneed.
      this just gets weirder and weirder. MTA: and by weird i mean stupid
      For message board success, follow these three easy steps in the correct order: 1) Read, 2) Comprehend, 3) Post.
      xor

In a race involving naked women, my dominant leg doesn't even have a knee. ok then.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Well as noted by someone else, the weaker leg determines your top pace and speed, not your stronger one, so with that, the stronger leg is the one utilizing the least effcient biomechanics to match the strength of the weaker leg.

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

Maaan! I missed the part of this thread where we were bragging on our world records! Sad Is anyone interested in my record for indoor snot-rockets? Cool
            Scout7

Well as noted by someone else, the weaker leg determines your top pace and speed, not your stronger one, so with that, the stronger leg is the one utilizing the least effcient biomechanics to match the strength of the weaker leg.
              Actually, I think you were the only one who noted this so far. Does this mean my legs are equally strong?
              sport jester

Biomimeticist

Does this mean my legs are equally strong?
                No, you're right or left side strength dominant.... Your ability to compensate for that differential determines how much energy is wasted in counerbalance arm swing. The greater the strength difference, the more arm swing necessary to counter it....

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

Scout7

I swing my arms to keep people from passing me.
                  AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I swing my arms to keep people from passing me.
                    If you were the WR holder in snot rockets, you wouldn't have to do this Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Ostriches walk with the same balance skills necessary for track running because they can increase their cornering speed and they're naturally able to walk on toes only. Humans can't
                      My mom can walk on her toes. It's true: she curls her toes under and walks on the upper sides. Really disgusting to see. Apparently her mom could do it too. One of those stupid human tricks. 8 pages in under 12 hours. Whoo-hoo! I'm going to stop working or going to bed. Can't keep up.
                      Next goal: Great Wall Marathon
                        I went for an easy 12K with my lunchtime running group yesterday. As usual, right away Ostrich and Cheetah took off real fast, showing us all up. But they collapsed after 500m, panting and rolling their eyes. Racehorse left us in the dust for 2 laps, but then he just pranced around holding his head real high. Kitty Cat was going really well, all nice and sleek and low to the ground. But she stopped to preen and cough up hair balls. We didn’t wait for Dinosaur – he never comes. So, there I was, all by my self after 2K, running along with my slow, ungainly, all-too-human gait. But I finished the 12K no problem at all.
                        Next goal: Great Wall Marathon
                          I worked with a guy years ago whose grandparents used to raise ostrich's for their lean meat. He was chased many times when trying to gather their eggs. He got caught out in the open once and barely made it to safety. Climbed up on top of a tractor and had to wait for help to arrive. They are mean muthas.

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Mean indeed -- he was innocently out there stealing their eggs, and they just chased him with no provocation!? MTA: jim I like your animal farm running group story...

Mean indeed -- he was innocently out there stealing their eggs, and they just chased him with no provocation!?
                              I wouldn't call it stealing, it's not like he had his hand up their uteri

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Good thing he wasn't working insemination on them...