what do you do you do besides run (Read 809 times)

I write. I read. I make my wife laugh. I play with the cat. Not necessarily in that order, though.
    what is everyone's favorite beer or wine?
    I'm partial to the stuff I've brewed, but haven't been brewing much for a couple years - we did a case of root beer and 6 cases of light beer for our wedding the summer after we bought our house, but haven't brewed since.

Run to Win
    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Police one the country's most violent cities. Read and sometimes write about running. Spring I umpire High School baseball and college age league in summer. Watch my DD coach high school softball. Active in my running club which also includes some non-running activities. Once in awhile I try to sit down and have a cup of coffee. Gave up beer about 10 years ago. Enjoy a merlot semi-dry once in awhile ( red, fruity but not too sweet) Fortuntately my DW also is active in the running club.........

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

- recapture my misspent (unspent, rather) youth playing airsoft - backpacking & hiking with my son (he's 7) - I used to brew my own back in the 90's, but then really good beer became much more available and affordable, and haven't brewed in about 10 years. I like almost everything, depending on the mood. Right now I have in the fridge a 6-pack of Sweetwater IPA (local), and a few Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stouts. - I do enjoy me a single malt scotch - cigar or pipe (rarely) - I think I miss you most of all, motorcycle. Cry

Life is Good

Camping with My family Watching My Kids in their activities (Sports, Band, w/e) Riding bikes shooting basketball with the family Shooting Guns in my backyard ( cops must do that on occasion) Fishing taking my dogs for a walk playing board games with my family Occasionally sitting down watching a good movie or the Michigan state Spartans and drinking a beer or two!

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

finish a half Ironman triathlon

Warrior dash 2012

Chickamauga battlefield half 2012

and a few small races in between

Life is Good

I'm Partial to Canadian beer: Moose head is my Favorite, Then Samuel Adams, Then Corona, Then Killian's. Tongue

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

finish a half Ironman triathlon

Warrior dash 2012

Chickamauga battlefield half 2012

and a few small races in between

I drink wine and beer and port. play the saxophone (well, try to!!!), play football (soccer) and badminton, swim and cycle (tri geek too!!!!) read (fiction and non-fiction - reading 'Thames, Sacred River' at the moment), go to the gym, work (but would rather I didn't have to), be money source and taxi driver for my kids!!!
              Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

I drink wine and beer and port. play the saxophone (well, try to!!!)
                Spooky ... I drink beer and wine ... and try to play the saxophone (not well). It must be a runners thing! Neil UK Smile

Running ... just keep running!

LandMan

I like to dress in women's clothing and hang out in bars.
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I like to dress in women's clothing and hang out in bars.
                    Are you a lumberjack, too?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

LandMan

Big grin

Big Chicken!

Besides run, huh? Well, let's see... ~Take care of the kids and all their individual needs ~Spread myself too thin with volunteer duties (will cut back next school year) ~Read too much about running (books, internet, RA) ~Read when I can ~Plan local and/or inexpensive trips in Europe ~Bake yummy bread (prize winning bread! Cool ) ~Drink wonderful Spanish wine with said bread I think that's it for now. Good night!!
                        Kris C Running away from the couch one mile at a time!
                        Len

Damn Yankee

Favorite beer- Guiness, by far; I finally decided to give Shiner Hefeweizen a try and I am really enjoying it, it's probably my new #2.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

Gotta TRI

Are you a lumberjack, too?
                            Got to love a girl that can quote Monty Python Big grin Besides running, right now it's swimming or cycling. Yes, I want to be a triple threat. Outside of that, wife and I enjoy watching movies ( I don't think she's heard of Mony Python Clowning around), boating, Harleys and VACATIONS. Andy
                            2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon
                              i like reading (sci-fi/fantasy), studying (i've just started a 2yr masters course) and growing my little herb garden (rosemary, thyme, oregano, mint and sage) i love cooking and reading cookbooks and i love eating out with my husband. i sometimes enjoy a quiet glass of wine after work with some of my colleagues. however working in a place where the average age is about 24 can get a bit wearing at times. often i just like to escape as quickly as i can! favourite beer: monteiths golden favourite wine: a good martinborough pinot noir
                                - kayak - read - play around in the woods - crochet - did I mention kayak?? PS my 2 fav beers are Erdinger and Landshark. Not sure if they sell that outside of Florida but it's fantastic.
                                Rachel