Trouble posting to forums using Microsoft Edge browser (Read 99 times)

shu_runner

I cleared just today and yesterday's history/data/cookies and that worked!

I just tried this with Safari and it worked.  Thanks!

DavePNW

I cleared just today and yesterday's history/data/cookies and that worked!

I think I’m going to wait for another solution, so I don’t have to log back in to every other site that has a login. I don’t think I can clear the cache for specific sites in mobile Safari.

Dave

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think I’m going to wait for another solution, so I don’t have to log back in to every other site that has a login. I don’t think I can clear the cache for specific sites in mobile Safari.

Yeah, that is the one downside.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Can't post from mobile Safari or Chrome.  Fine on Internet Explorer.   Not interested in clearing all cookies and tried clearing the last few days of RA on Safari mobile, but it didn't help.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I tried clearing history and it didn't work.  I can post on IE but not Chrome, which I what I would prefer to use.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

There's definitely some weirdness still afoot. I'm not staying logged-in, at least not on the beta testing site. It's not letting me check the "keep me logged-in" box before the page automatically loads.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Seems to be fixed now on Chrome but not on Safari (iPad/iPhone).

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

eric :)

I think this problem is caused by my home server's hard drive failures, and the subsequent data recovery. Turned out the recovery of the build system only recovered the older data files. As a result, an old version of the text editor was deployed, which is probably incompatble with modern browsers. What I don't understand is why it doesn't affect all browsers.

If you're still having this problem, try forcing a reloading of the page by pressing Ctrl-R if you're on Windows, or Cmd-R if you're on a Mac. Hopefully this will fix the problem.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think this problem is caused by my home server's hard drive failures, and the subsequent data recovery. Turned out the recovery of the build system only recovered the older data files. As a result, an old version of the text editor was deployed, which is probably incompatble with modern browsers. What I don't understand is why it doesn't affect all browsers.

If you're still having this problem, try forcing a reloading of the page by pressing Ctrl-R if you're on Windows, or Cmd-R if you're on a Mac. Hopefully this will fix the problem.

Is there a way to do something like this on the Safari mobile?  My phone still does not get the text box.

Thanks for everything you do!

Damaris

Prince of Fatness

Is there a way to do something like this on the Safari mobile?  My phone still does not get the text box.

Thanks for everything you do!

On an iPhone go into settings, safari. Scroll down and  you’ll see a link to clear website data. Doing that fixed it for me. Unfortunely it gets rid of just about everything so if you have other sites that you’re logged into you’ll lose data for those too.

Not at it at all. 

DavePNW

Seems to be working for me now, on iPhone, without doing anything different.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah, it won't work for me still, so I might have to try to delete the data, but I'm waiting a bit because I don't want to delete all my data on the phone unless absolutely necessary.

Damaris

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I still cannot post from my iPhone using Safari.

Running is dumb.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I can post on Chrome now, but every time I come on the website, I have to log in again.

DavePNW

I can post on Chrome now, but every time I come on the website, I have to log in again.

Worked on Chrome on PC for me this morning as well, did not make me log in. (MTA: did not try this yesterday so not sure if it worked then.) Seems to be inconsistent and all over the map for various devices and browsers. Weird.

Dave