Women's Winter Running Tights for single digit (or negative!) temps (Read 182 times)

kilkee

runktrun

Could be. I'm Irish/Polish. Or they are just beer thighs.

I definitely don't drink as much beer as you (not judging!), and I'm 100% Irish, so I'm guessing it's to do with the heritage.

Not running for my health, but in spite of it.

Joann Y

I definitely don't drink as much beer as you (not judging!), and I'm 100% Irish, so I'm guessing it's to do with the heritage.

Hey! I haven't even had one beer yet today!

kilkee

runktrun

No beers! she says.  But how many drinks? :P

Not running for my health, but in spite of it.

Hey! I haven't even had one beer yet today!

And now?  You're at least three in.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

Joann Y

And now?  You're at least three in.

Three what?

Three what?

Probably IPAs.  Barf!

Joann Y

Probably IPAs.  Barf!

Gah. I barely touched IPAs.

Help!  My legs are freezing when I run outdoors when the temp is under 20 degrees.  Can anyone recommend their favorite heavy duty women's running tights that can really stand up to the cold?  I am 5'9 so preferably something with a longer cut!

Or, if tights really just don't cut it when it's this cold, what pants should I be wearing over the tights?  I want to keep it as streamlined as possible.

Also, if anyone has any glove recommendations I'm all ears.  I have a pair of mittens I wear when it's this cold (negative 10 in Chicago today, yikes) but would far prefer a glove over a mitten.  I just can't find anything that's warm enough that doesn't make me feel like I'm going out to play in the snow vs. going on a long run.

As far as gloves - back when I lived in those climes. I went with a regular pair of running gloves with a pair of Sugoi windblocking mittens on top. Still allowed enough manual dexterity to start/stop your Garmin, which is really all you need anyway. After a few miles I would usually take off the mitten layer, unless it was crazy cold. I can't imagine any gloves keeping you as warm as mittens. I never felt the need for more than one layer on the bottom, aside from one area where 3 layers were occasionally required. (See other thread.)

Dave

Gah. I barely touched IPAs.

Right.  When you pour them down your throat that fast, it's like you've barely touched them.

Joann Y

Right.  When you pour them down your throat that fast, it's like you've barely touched them.

There was definitely a cocktail in there and possibly even a farmhouse ale. You know nothing of whsioahtlaht you speak.

There was definitely a cocktail in there and possibly even a farmhouse ale. You know nothing of whsioahtlaht you speak.

Hopefully, you didn't have to wake up early for work today.

mikeymike

But how are your thighs doing today?

Runners run

Joann Y

But how are your thighs doing today?

They are real and they're spectacular. I'm afraid to find out how fabulous they would be if I drank for charity more often.

They are real and they're spectacular. I'm afraid to find out how fabulous they would be if I drank for charity more often.

Charity Thighs!  That reminds me of a dancer I once knew...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Charity Thighs!  That reminds me of a dancer I once knew...

"Dancer"

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay