Why does the log care so much that I label my shoes correctly? (Just curious) (Read 546 times)

mikeymike

I just entered a new pair of shoes.  Under manufacturer, I started typing "Nike" and it autofilled for me--cool.  They I started typing "Lunar Elite" and it autofilled again--cool.  Then I put in the size and stuff and hit save.  But when I did it gave me some kind of message like "Auto corrected the name to move the '+' sign."

I was like, wow, kind of anal aren't we, but okay.

Just curious why you'd even bother to check for stuff like that.

Runners run

The shirtless wonder

If only it would auto correct my log entries.  If it would say "no, no, you ran 8.37 miles not 8.38."  Someday, someday.

eric :)

You should know that I'm more than "kind of anal".  Remember the Connolly Race?  Wink

Anyway, I added a set of rules in the last release to do a quick names check.  It corrects common errors so that shoe names are consistent.  More importantly, it cuts down the number of variations of the same model name.  In your example, without the validation, you may get names like:

• Lunar Elite+
        • Lunar Elite +
        • Lunar Elite 2+
        • Lunar Elite 2 +

It just cuts down the confusion.

I still need to go through existing entries and make the necessary corrections.  I'll do that when I am bored.

MrH

It prompted me for the name of my new Saucony Progrid Hurricane 10s, and then corrected me when I clicked Save.

I hope it felt good about humiliating me like that.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

eric :)

It prompted me for the name of my new Saucony Progrid Hurricane 10s, and then corrected me when I clicked Save.

I hope it felt good about humiliating me like that.

MrH

It's a computer.  It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you enter the model name correctly.

MrH

MrH

It's a computer.  It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you enter the model name correctly.

I have another new pair to enter and I'm fearful of what it might do if I displease it a second time.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Tiefsa

Just watched T3 and was pleasantly surprised. 

Just watched T3 and was pleasantly surprised. 

You just watched T3?  Welcome to 2003!

Thank you for taking the time to read my signature!