misc update 11 (Read 2673 times)

eric :)

Now that the forums are picking up, the need for a search function also increased. This update rectifies the problem. Forum and Group Search On relevant forum and group pages, there is now a search button on the navigational bar. Type in the words you like to find, and click search. It's that simple. It also supports more sophistocated searching:
  • You can search for phrases by surrounding it in double quotes. (e.g. "marathon training")
  • You can also specify that a certain word(s) is not in the post by putting a minus sign in front of it. (e.g. marathon -boston will search all posts containing the word "marathon" but does not have "boston" in it). Note that the searches will include results from publicly viewable group forums. Also note that this is the first installation of the search functionality. I have plans to create an advanced search page, but for now this will do. Forum enhancements
  • When you click on the "Last post" links, you'll be brought to the last post instead of the first post of the topic.
  • Within each forum, the last poster is listed for each thread.
  • After you made a post, you'll be brought to your post instead of the first page
  • YTD Distance Page I added the announcement area back to the distance groups. Yes 2000 mile club, I do read your nutty posts from time to time. This one is for you (particularly JK). Other changes and fixes
  • changed the "new group" designation period from one month to two weeks
  • Fixed Arlene's bug where if you view someone's log without logging in, and then log in, your default unit system might be messed up.
  • Fixed tm35's bug where the PRs are not correctly grouped
  • Other notes
  • The beta users worked hard as usual to help me find the bugs in the code, so once again, hats off to y'all!
  • My development computer died suddenly this week. That's the computer I use to write the code for this site. It does not affect the every day operation of the site at all. It will take some time to set up the replacement so the next batch of updates might come a little later. eric Smile

• Cryptic

as always thanks for all the hard work. Sorry to hear about the puter I hate when that happens
      va

Great additions Eric, thanks! For the searching, is there a way to do partial string matching? For example, if Iwant to search for all posts containing the sub-string "marath"?
        dillydoodles

Thanks for all the goodies and fixes Eric. You're the best! Big grin ~ Arlene

Great additions Eric, thanks! For the searching, is there a way to do partial string matching? For example, if Iwant to search for all posts containing the sub-string "marath"?
            Right now, that is not suported, but I might consider it in the future. As I mentioned before, I still owe you guys an advanced search page.

Thanks for all the goodies and fixes Eric. You're the best! Big grin ~ Arlene
              Thanks Arlene!
              JakeKnight

YTD Distance Page I added the announcement area back to the distance groups. Yes 2000 mile club, I do read your nutty posts from time to time. This one is for you (particularly JK). eric Smile
                Thanks, Chief. I'll make a note to abuse that feature as soon as possible. Wait. Did he call us "nutty?"

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                -----------------------------

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

We are nutty, perhaps, but Eric is awesome! A bit too humble maybe, but awesome! Big grin

You'll ruin your knees!

Many thanks, Eric... (note to self...visit paypal site again soon! Eric needs replacement dev box) Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Maybe a great new feature would be a reminder tool that allows us to set the frequency with which we think to go back to paypal Yes That's be awesome!