Bonkin's Cowtown Marathon Report (Read 686 times)

Mike, I am so proud of you! You really are an inspiration. I really enjoyed following your progress, and am looking forward to seeing where you go next. Congratulations!
    Thanks so much, Bob! You have been a big part of my support system these last six months or so and I am a better runner for it. I'm glad we have seen you through your foot injury and you are back to running. Can't wait to see how you do at Boston!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

hey I finally caught up with your race report. Congratulations - you are a model of consistant training and that pays the big bucks. You are pretty inspiring to me and now I'm about a year and a half behind your schedule... A

Recalculating...

Way to go, Mike. Great run and report.
        Len

Damn Yankee

Nice job Mike! I really wish I had made it too the meet before the race, hopefully I can get together with you guys at the next one. It looks like everyone met their goals, RA had a good showing.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

Thanks! It was definitely a big day for me and glad I could share it. Len - the next DFW race meetup (if we don't do another one sooner) will be at El Scorcho. It's at midnight in Ft. Worth in July. Four of us from RA met there last year. The 25K would be right up your alley. Since it's pitched as an ultramarathon (for the 50K) and run mostly on crushed gravel trails - it has a totally different feel than your typical road race.

Ringmaster

Mike, thanks for the great race report. It really is an inspiration to read not just how the race went, but how the whole journey has gone. Not just the marathon you ran at Cowtown, but the whole marathon of becoming a runner. It makes me believe maybe even I could run a marathon. Probably not a sub-4 one, but a marathon. Which is why, Modal, you shouldn't shorten a race report. Don't you know, we love reading them when we're supposed to be working? Big grin Karina

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
              Mile by Mile

Len

Damn Yankee

Thanks! It was definitely a big day for me and glad I could share it. Len - the next DFW race meetup (if we don't do another one sooner) will be at El Scorcho. It's at midnight in Ft. Worth in July. Four of us from RA met there last year. The 25K would be right up your alley. Since it's pitched as an ultramarathon (for the 50K) and run mostly on crushed gravel trails - it has a totally different feel than your typical road race.
                I was trying to ignore the El Scorcho thing, but now that you've put me on the spot I'm going to have to think about it.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Congrats Bonkin! That was an awesome job! At the rate you're going, you're gonna give Lynn a run for his money! Rest up. Many races await you Smile

You'll ruin your knees!

Mike, it's all been said, great job. I'm looking forward to reading more great reports from you. Thanks for the mention, it made me feel like somebody special! Congrats, Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Mike, it's all been said, great job. I'm looking forward to reading more great reports from you. Thanks for the mention, it made me feel like somebody special! Congrats, Lynn B
                      Lynn, You *are* special!
                        Lynn, You *are* special!
                        I agree, MC! And thanks for all the kind words everyone!

I hope you're still wearing that finish line smile Mike, you certainly earned it. Your progress is nothing short of amazing, you're definitely paying back the inspiration you got from RA with a healthy return on investment. I better trademark "run tall, race hard, finish strong" it really does seem to work. Wink Here's another: Bonkin rocks, Bonkin rolls, Bonkin rules! (Sorry I'm late to the party as usual, but better late than never)

E.J.
                          Greater Lowell Road Runners
                          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

derek

Len - the next DFW race meetup (if we don't do another one sooner) will be at El Scorcho. It's at midnight in Ft. Worth in July. Four of us from RA met there last year. The 25K would be right up your alley. Since it's pitched as an ultramarathon (for the 50K) and run mostly on crushed gravel trails - it has a totally different feel than your typical road race.
                            I saw modal had this in his signature: 4-19 Fort Worth Zoo Run 10K (Team anyone?) I would certainly be willing to run the 10K in April if we can put together a team of 5 to meet the minimum. I'm assuming there is no obligation for me to run it fast :-) Derek

Derek

Derek, I'd like to do a team. We'll need a point man or point woman to head it up. Deadline I believe is April 4th. Last year, 3 of us ran this Zoo Run race.

Vim

I hope you're still wearing that finish line smile Mike, you certainly earned it. Your progress is nothing short of amazing, you're definitely paying back the inspiration you got from RA with a healthy return on investment. I better trademark "run tall, race hard, finish strong" it really does seem to work. Wink Here's another: Bonkin rocks, Bonkin rolls, Bonkin rules! (Sorry I'm late to the party as usual, but better late than never)
                                Thanks, Ed! Still smiling. And chuckling.