Misty Monkey (Read 731 times)

Nice report Jeff. Thanks for sharing your battle with us. As always, your running ability just amazes me!

Michelle

I need to get out there at some point in the next few years; this race sounds like a lot of fun.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

bas

I can't understand how you can run this fast on those hills... Congratulations! And looking at Trent's pictures: What a beautiful place to run. bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

Wow. I'm adding this one to my list of things I'd like to do someday. Some-day. Amazing pictures, beautiful scenery.

Imminent Catastrophe

Here's a picture from the postrace picnic:

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Wow! A 6 minute pace up those hills! Are you freakin kidding me? I feel so slow. Last night I did intervals and decided that I would do one last quarter mile interval at the end and really push it to see how fast I could go. I was happy to run 6:24 and I was glad to be done. My new theory is that unless I can shorten my time by going faster during the marathon that once I hit over 3 hours and 30 minutes that I am going to hit the wall no matter what. However, after reading that even the great runners like Jeff contemplate walking at some point I am begininng to think maybe I need to work on my mental approach Undecided
                2011 Goals:
                Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
                Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)